“great food, great service”
Review of Duke of York

Duke of York
Reserve with OpenTable
Duke of York is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #482 of 8,641 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Toronto, Canada
“great food, great service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

we have been here twice now... tried fish and chips and a burger, but i want to go back to try the moroccan stew.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Rochester, New York
“Quaint little place”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stopped in here for a small bite to eat and a beverage and glad I did. Place was busy as we came during the dinner hour rush but we still got served promptly. Our server/bartender was very friendly and offered some advice on the drinks they had to offer.

I was going to order a pint but since Mondays are $5.00 martini's one can't go wrong with that. My daughter ordered a small caesar salad with grilled chicken it was taking a bit long for it to come but our server was right on top and went to the kitchen to check on it before I even had to say a thing.

Located in a nice neighborhood not far from Bedford Street station so if one wants to take the subway it would be easy to get to and safe to walk around as well. Even though pubs like this are a dime a dozen in Toronto the fact that they were so welcoming and attentive really says a lot about how they value their customers.

• Visited April 2013
Campbellford, Canada
“What a neighbourhood pub should be”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great atmosphere, great service and great food. What else could you want in a pub? Oh, yes, a great selection of beer too. We were here on an early Friday evening. Even though the place was very busy, the service was prompt and friendly. The quality of the food is definitely a step above most pubs in Toronto, although this evening my Moroccan Stew wasn't as nice as other dishes I've tried. We've been here before and we'll come again.

• Visited March 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Great neighbourhood pub in downtown Toronto”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Great location, food is pretty good, atmosphere is coxy, service isn't bad, and the beer is cold. The patio out back is great in the summer. The location right off Bloor and near to Yorkville and around the corner from the subway station makes this very convenient. It's casual atmosphere, and relaxed nature of the place make is someplace I keep going back to. The food is just ok, nothing special, but for the location you might as well give it a try.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Cousy, traditional Old-America”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was visiting Toronto and randomly walked in to this place for lunch. While the food and service were just great, I was mostly impressed by the style and atmosphere of this plce. It was too cold to try out the patio so I stayed in one of the back rooms. It was nice, cousy and stylish. I would come back to this place again.

• Visited November 2012