“Fun great food”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Toronto
“Fun great food”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Authentic Mexican food, great margeritas try the promegrante one amazing. Youll love the guacomole dip. Rsvp if you going to the threate. The owner is very nice and friendly and not bad on the eyes. A must try restaurant.

• Visited March 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Hola...Better than Mexico!”
Reviewed December 9, 2011

We have been going to this restaurant since it opened and I thought it was about time I did a review because people should know about this great place!!
We had just returned from Mexico a couple of weeks before going to Dos Amigos on Saturday night. How is it that a Mexican restaurant in Canada can make better Mexican food than in Mexico??!! The owners have it in their heritage for one thing.
The margueritas, guacamole and entrees are yummy...not too spicey and actually prepared in a very healthy way...that tastes good.
Oh, and by the way...they have the most amazing patio in the summer...in the back...secluded and quiet under a beautiful big tree.
Try it...you won't be disappointed. Reservations on the weekend are best.

• Visited December 2011
Calgary, Canada
“Excellent Mexican food & Excellent service”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I think this is an excellent Mexican Food in Toronto... The food was AWESOME, every dish my boyfriend and me ask were just Delicious!!.. and the service was Excellent!!.. I will recommend it 100% ...

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank MR080
Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrible customer service”
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Went there with a bunch of friends...there was about 10 of us. We all ordered drinks, appetizers, entrees. Everything so good, so far.

Halfway through the meal, a waiter dropped a tray on the floor and sauce from one of the dishes splashed onto my cashmere/wool coat that was hung over my chair. I called the waitress over to complain. She looked at me, said "sorry" and walked away.

I called her back, and asked if there was anything the restaurant can do, since now, I'll have to bring th coat to the cleaners (note, there was also sauce splatter on my brother's jean jacket, but we didn't make a fuss about that, since we could easily throw it into the washer at home). She told me that they couldn't do anything about it.

I asked to speak to the manager. I waited, and waited, and proceeded to wipe up as much sauce and specks of food off my coat as possible.

The manager never came. Instead, he told the waitress to tell me to "bring the coat over to him, so he can clean it with club soda". HUH? No way am I letting him pour club soda all over my coat. I told him that wasn't acceptable.

I got up, with my coat, and went to see him (a manager with good customer service would have come over to our table). I told him a wool and cashmere coat would need to be properly drycleaned. He said to leave my coat with him. Huh? It was cold outside! I was wearing a winter coat that day for a reason!! Then I asked him again if the restaurant would pay for my drycleaning or at least take of a meal or something, since it was the waitress' fault. He said "How much did you order anyway? Just a drink? Not a meal? (implying that I wasn't giving him business to begin with)". His manner was rude, condescending, and unacceptable.

Finally, after some words back and forth, he takes out $20 from his wallet and waves it infront of my face. "You want money?" He was now trying to turn the situation around to make it seem Ilike I was trying to scam money from the restaurant. I couldn't believe how rediculous this had become. My solution? He waved the money in front of my face again "You want money?", and I took it out of his hand "Yes, I do. This might not cover my drycleaning, but I gues that's all I'm getting". Then I walked back to my seat. You should have seen the look on his face.

If it were just me, I would have left then and there. But I was with a bunch of friends, and I didn't want to ruin their night, so I went back to the table.

But never again will I set foot into that awful restaurant.

1 Thank justmeintoronto
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Been here a few times. Great authentic food and amazing Margaritas”
Reviewed March 10, 2008

Been here a few times. Great authentic food and amazing Margaritas

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook