“Great food”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Very nice staff, I had the calamari as a appetizer with my girlfriend, she had the linguini with mushrooms and I had the chicken with pasta, then for dessert I told the waiter it was my girlfriends birthday so they got her a cake. My sole complaint would have to be the food time. It took almost an hour to get our pasta. But I guess it's worth the wait!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Donatello is one of several nice, comfortable restaurants on Elm Street. Like the others, Donatello is in a town/row house, a size perfect for intimate dining (most also have tables outside either on the tree-covered street or on their rooftops overlooking the street). My partner had a ravioli-style dish and I had the evening special, lasagna. We were both very pleased with our dishes. The pasta was light and obviously prepared in the restaurant from scratch. My lasagna was delicious but totally different than what I've had before or made for myself: it was layers of thin noodles separated with a delicious meat sauce, no cheese. Very nice! Try Donatello one night and then, over the rest of the week, eat your way through the rest of the restaurants on the street. You will NOT be disappointed!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Located on elm st. 2 blocks from eaton center at downtown Toronto. There are several restaurants on this street. We decided to eat dinner at this restaurant. The food is pretty good. Service is excellent. Highlyrecommended

Reviewed July 3, 2013

The small outdoor patio upstairs was wonderful. Brick walls, flowers and old world charm only added to the amazing homemade pasta and quality service.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

A very busy restaurant on the night that we were there. We were made welcome and quickly served, but looking around it seemed that other diners were able to choose from a list of 'specials' that, for whatever reason, were not made available to us.

1  Thank AlPalNE