“Surprisingly better than the rating would suggest”

309 Dhaba Indian Excellence
Reserve with OpenTable
309 Dhaba Indian Excellence is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,122 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: 1/2 block west of John St.
Transit: TTC at door step, a couple short blocks west of St. Andrew Subway
Description: Five hundred years ago, roadside best restaurants called Dhaba began serving the fresh best Indian food dishes to the travelers of highways and local communities. From the centuries, the best Indian food has been enjoyed at Dhaba's around the Indian Globe. In the year 1998, PK. Ahluwalia the chef owned restaurant 309 Dhaba was created, that offers a dining experience that customizes the menu at your table and prepares special request for allergies or vegetarians, and has been recognized as best among Indian restaurants in Toronto. 309 Dhaba has been called "Inventive", "Innovative", "Astonishingly Good" and "Divine" by the City's top food critics. Cater a Board Room, Business Lunch or Office Party or order online with free Indian food delivery on your door step in downtown Toronto just on your door step. One visit and you will know why 309 Dhaba is repeatedly named not only one of the top Ten Restaurants in Toronto, but best Indian Food restaurant serving the unique Indian Cuisine in restaurant row of entertainment district on king west restaurants in downtown core of toronto in Canada.
London
“Surprisingly better than the rating would suggest”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went here during the toroto film festival as I could not get into another place I tried. I was not expecting much given the rating and the decor.

But it was actually quite good. My samosas were very tasty and presented opened - which was certainly interesting.

My dinner (I forget the name, but a spicy chicken) could have been a little spicier, but was pretty good by Canadian standards (usually not enough). Overall it was all very good.

Could have got a 5 is the decor was a bit cleaner. The stairs needed sweeping. I almost didn't go up - it would have been a mistake.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank thefrequenttraveller

Ottawa, Canada
“Great food”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Our table was reserved and waiting. Great view of the Bell Lightbox during Tiff, so much action outside..yet quiet and relaxing inside. The service was very good, he suggested items and was very helpful. The food tasted fantastic, even better then the last time we came. My husband loved the Lamb Tikka Masala, and the Butter Chicken was very tasty. Also the Chicken Almond Kebab was cooked so perfectly that I'm craving more of it now. Overall a definite return from all of us.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank TorontoFreqFlyer
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy food”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We enjoyed the food a lot, and thought the service was good. I read the other reviews and see that some did not have a good service experience, but we did. Perhaps because it was a bit slow, but in any case our service was good even perhaps a bit too attentive. We were seated by the window and able to look at passerbys on the street which was fun. Would definitely go back.

• Visited July 2013
London
“Pretty good, wish I could say nicer things”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We love Indian food and found this restaurant on TripAdvisor.

First impressions are a little off putting as there is a door bully dragging people in off the street and the restaurant is located up some fairly dingy stairs but we persevered and had a good meal.

Being a traditionalist I opted for veggie samosa and chicken madras (both exceptionally good) and my husband opted for lamb saag for main (sorry can't remember his starter) and the lamb was a little over cooked/reduced down. Rice and naan were delicious.

Service is a bit strange and I was slightly irritated to be told "madras is for the English" but we enjoyed our evening nonetheless.

A little more effort and this place would be fantastic.

• Visited August 2013
Yarmouth
“Food is ok, service is not.”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I would not return to this restaurant simply because the staff are very unpleasant. The basics (butter chicken, naan) are very good but the overall dining experience and service is just not up to par for downtown Toronto.

• Visited August 2013