“lovely restaurant with good food”

309 Dhaba Indian Excellence
Ranked #849 of 8,715 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: 1/2 block west of John St.
Transit: TTC at door step, a couple short blocks west of St. Andrew Subway
Description: Five hundred years ago, roadside best restaurants called Dhaba began serving the fresh best Indian food dishes to the travelers of highways and local communities. From the centuries, the best Indian food has been enjoyed at Dhaba's around the Indian Globe. In the year 1998, PK. Ahluwalia the chef owned restaurant 309 Dhaba was created, that offers a dining experience that customizes the menu at your table and prepares special request for allergies or vegetarians, and has been recognized as best among Indian restaurants in Toronto. 309 Dhaba has been called "Inventive", "Innovative", "Astonishingly Good" and "Divine" by the City's top food critics. Cater a Board Room, Business Lunch or Office Party or order online with free Indian food delivery on your door step in downtown Toronto just on your door step. One visit and you will know why 309 Dhaba is repeatedly named not only one of the top Ten Restaurants in Toronto, but best Indian Food restaurant serving the unique Indian Cuisine in restaurant row of entertainment district on king west restaurants in downtown core of toronto in Canada.
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We ate at the lunch buffet and the selection of food was amazing. Everything tasted great except the nan which was a bit soggy. Otherwise, though, I highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Lolvgc
There are newer reviews for 309 Dhaba Indian Excellence

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Food average, we ordered 2 starters and the first one arrived without the second one until later. Main meal was good but the air conditioning soon chilled the food.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited with family, what we liked was, that the item we ordered was taking some time. He came apologized, and served another snack at free of cost!

1  Thank vu2sts
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ill start first by saying that the food tasted okay. I went with my family on May 24, a group of 7, for dinner and ordered off the a la carte menu. The taste was slightly above average, but the portion sizes we received were unbelievably small! We ordered 2 meat options (butter chicken and Madras josh curry, prices were about $13-15 each), and 4 veg options (Aloo Kadchi, Gobhi Mange Tout, Saag Paneer, and Chana Masala), as well as various naan (around $3-5 per 1 naan, which had a diameter around 6-7inchs, and was cut in 4 quarters) and 1 rice (was okay, you cant really go wrong with rice). The meat options we choose came to the table in a rather small to medium size bowl consisting mostly of curry, and limited meat. Personally i wasn't a fan of chunks of fruit in the curries, found apples and strawberries mostly, not really something i want to taste in butter chicken, again that's my own personal preference, to each their own. The veg options were tasty, but again very small portions considering what we paid. We also ordered 3 desserts (Mango kulfi, $6, Pistachio kulfi, $6, and Gulab Jamun, $5). The dessert was probably the biggest disappointment of the dinner, which is what prompted me to write this review. The first 2 items (Mango and Pistaachio kulfi), came to the table and were just incredibly small, each was about the size of an iPod nano, for $6 a piece i expected more then a 1 bite dessert. As well the final item, Gulab jamun, was okay, but again incredibly small, there were 2 balls, which added up to the size of a 2-bite brownie for $5. The best part of the meal was the naan, which came fresh, warm and moist. The taste overall was okay, but not much better or worse then the average mom and pop shop.

Overall based on the cost to portion ratio, I can say i wouldn't come back here again. I left thinking about picking up some street meat on the way to the princess of wales theater. I'm sure some of you will think this review may be a bit harsh, but it just didn't cut it for me.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This restaurant is a must for anyone who enjoys Indian cuisine. I ordered the Vindaloo curry lamb and asked that they serve it "Indian Hot". The result was perfect. I often find that many Indian restaurants are hesitant to serve "Indian Hot" food to tourists because the tourist may dislike the extreme heat. This restaurant exceeded my expectations. The wine list was quite extensive for an Indian restaurant, the ambience was perfect. I highly recommend this restaurant during your stay in Toronto.

1  Thank highrisktraveler