“Meals cut down.......”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was purchased as a Groupon to have dinner out with friends. We had to make reservations, which was fine.
When we got there, we presented the groupon. It seems there were several offers on the go, even the groupon depended on when you purchased it.
We were given a set menu from which we made our choices. I decided to have carpaccio for the starter, and sea bass for my main. The starter was fine, but the sea bass was so small (and I am a small eater!) it was pathetic! On looking around, I saw other clients with similar orders - their portion size was easily at least 2ice mine. This applied to everything we ordered. The dessert - I chose creme brulee, was OK - nothing special. What is boiled down to was your meal was cut down to the value of the groupon - there was no advantage to purchasing it. Because it was such a small portion, I really did not have a chance to enjoy the food - quality seemed good, but that tiny portion trumped everything else. I will not be back.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Groupon experience was very limiting, but probably saved $30-40 overall. That aside, the food was well prepared and tasty. The regular menu has great depth and I would expect food quality to be equally good. Service was efficient and ambiance was comfortable. There are so many restaurants on this street and this one is better than average. Won't return until I try all the other restaurants on the street

Reviewed April 17, 2012

On April 13th my wife an I ventured into this establishment with Goupon. Our experience was very unfortunate.

We had paid $55 for what was advertised as a "4 course Italian Dinner for Two...up to $136 value".

Upon arrival we produced the coupon and were immediately placed on a fast track form of restaruant probation. The server was not friendly. He prodded us to produce our choices for all four courses within five minutes of being seated.

This is not an Italian Dinner. This is a "tasting menu" of small protions of carefully selected items from the main menu. Groupon diners receive a unique "tasting menu". You are not permited to order from the restauants regular menu. The choices are limited.

45 minutes after we arrived we had the final bill in hand.

On a postive note three of the eight menu selections could have been very good if we had been given time to swallow them prior to the next course arriving.

The wine list is excellent but a bit pricey.

If you have a Groupon for this establishment I strongly suggest redeeming it for a refund and sampling the main menu. It is also useful to make clear that your dining expereince will last for more than 30 minutes--suggest not ordering the next course until you complete the previous one.

1  Thank thomas42837
Reviewed April 14, 2012

we paid 49$ for a dinner for two which included 2 aps 2 entrees and 1 dessert to share. For this price it was great! Service was a little unorganized as we had about 4 different people approach our table during our meal.We didnt seem to have one set server which was a bit strange and made the experience a little less personal. The food was great authentic Italian. We definatly enjoyed our expereince but would probably only return for deals such as the one we used as the menu is very pricy. what we ordered would have cost us 150$ off the menu

Reviewed March 30, 2012

To celebrate my birthday, a friend used a Groupon coupon to take me to dinner.....based on some recent negative reviews from people using a coupon, my anticipation level wasn't high, however, the staff surprised us both.....service was very attentive and the food quite good....... one pasta dish didn't arrive as ordered but it was quickly replaced with the requested one.....without asking, management turned down the music when he noticed my friend looking at the speakers......all in all, a very pleasant evening.