“Groupons Beware”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 17, 2012

On April 13th my wife an I ventured into this establishment with Goupon. Our experience was very unfortunate.

We had paid $55 for what was advertised as a "4 course Italian Dinner for Two...up to $136 value".

Upon arrival we produced the coupon and were immediately placed on a fast track form of restaruant probation. The server was not friendly. He prodded us to produce our choices for all four courses within five minutes of being seated.

This is not an Italian Dinner. This is a "tasting menu" of small protions of carefully selected items from the main menu. Groupon diners receive a unique "tasting menu". You are not permited to order from the restauants regular menu. The choices are limited.

45 minutes after we arrived we had the final bill in hand.

On a postive note three of the eight menu selections could have been very good if we had been given time to swallow them prior to the next course arriving.

The wine list is excellent but a bit pricey.

If you have a Groupon for this establishment I strongly suggest redeeming it for a refund and sampling the main menu. It is also useful to make clear that your dining expereince will last for more than 30 minutes--suggest not ordering the next course until you complete the previous one.

1  Thank thomas42837

Reviewed April 14, 2012

we paid 49$ for a dinner for two which included 2 aps 2 entrees and 1 dessert to share. For this price it was great! Service was a little unorganized as we had about 4 different people approach our table during our meal.We didnt seem to have one set server which was a bit strange and made the experience a little less personal. The food was great authentic Italian. We definatly enjoyed our expereince but would probably only return for deals such as the one we used as the menu is very pricy. what we ordered would have cost us 150$ off the menu

Reviewed March 30, 2012

To celebrate my birthday, a friend used a Groupon coupon to take me to dinner.....based on some recent negative reviews from people using a coupon, my anticipation level wasn't high, however, the staff surprised us both.....service was very attentive and the food quite good....... one pasta dish didn't arrive as ordered but it was quickly replaced with the requested one.....without asking, management turned down the music when he noticed my friend looking at the speakers......all in all, a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

Went here for a little family celebration - Dinner and drinks type of thing. Our server was amazing. He brought us a mix and match style of platter, twice. A little of this a little of that and it was all amazing. The pasta was great the antipasto was great too. I would recommend it to others.

1  Thank StoutTraveller
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Went with clients to this great resto, had been there many times before and always enjoyed the food and the atmosphere this time was no diffrent .. The Owner/Manager was attentive to our needs as we did have one of my guests with a paticular food allergy. I highly recomend this restaurant for a casual night or with clients/colleagues. Had the veal chop - awesome !!!

Thank frankt.o