“Stylish, solid and it won't break the bank”

Canyon Creek Front Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Creek Front Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York Street
Reviewed August 22, 2014

As an alternative to the high end, high priced restaurants in the Entertainment District of Toronto, Canyon Creek fills the bill . I had lettuce wraps and a salmon salad, my wife had a salad with fish tacos and white wine, and my father-in-law had a sirloin steak sandwich with a large garden salad. At $80, we were all well filled. The atmosphere was warm, the decor appealing, and the vibe was pleasant. You'll be pleased.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Menu similar to The Keg. Good steaks. And you can get a bottle of wine for under $80 that are pretty good - so for lots of eating and drinking, not a bad option from a price perspective. And they have a bar option, and you can get private rooms which also works well with bigger groups.

1  Thank Mike B
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Located in the heart of the action, this restaurant does it all the right way. Directly off the Main Street and down one level the vibe hits you as you enter. Dark and charming atmosphere with extensive selection of beer and wine. The menu is massive with everything from apps to fine steaks and seafoods. Our party had the works..a great steak soup...another had calamari with dipping sauce. We also tried the chicken topped salad and fish...the night we visited there was a Bluejays game up the street so it was crowded...We did have a reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival...Waiter (David) was great...even chased us down the street to return a credit card I had left behind...that's a great waiter!..One tip...if you have trouble seeing...bring a small flashlight as it is quite dark....

1  Thank coffeeman100523
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

I left Canyon Creek very happy with my meal, but confused about the establishment in general.

Canyon Creek looks every bit the upscale equivalent of a Morton's (for example). Even better, the prices are about 1/3 less if what one would expect to pay for such an establishment. That said, the wine list was awful, featuring entirely pedestrian offerings, at huge markups. I would have loved to enjoy a fine bottle with our meal, but only the Heitz Cellars would really have qualified in a selection of about 40 bottles. The service, while quite pleasant was scattered. On several occasions we were brought the incorrect items, or items were omitted entirely.

Two members of our party ordered the prime rib after being assured it was the house specialty...it clearly wasn't, as both were disappointed in the "gristle" quotient of their meals, odd in prime rib, which should have zero.

Now, for the good: my mushroom-steak truffletta was outstanding, as were all the appetizers. In addition, the house grain bread was simply wonderful. Other members of the party enjoyed their meals as well; a garden burger (yes...we had a vegetarian at a steakhouse) and a seafood dish.

On the whole, I found Canyon Creek a bit schizophrenic as to whether it was a fine steakhouse or a mid-range one. Ultimately I gave it the benefit of the doubt in my rating as everything I personally tasted was delicious!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

They took reservations for my husband's birthday and we had a delightful time. The menu has good variety (try the lobster guacamole to start!) and service was very well-paced and friendly.