“Nice, quiet, and low-key with good food”

Canyon Creek Front Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Creek Front Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York Street
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went here for a slightly early dinner on a hot, muggy July day. We got seated downstairs in the bar area, which was perfect. There was a Blue Jays game that night at 7, but we beat the pre-game rush and weren't in any hurry, so we took our time, got an appetizer and drinks before our main dishes, and coasted through the rush.

The food was very good and the service was good, considering the mob of people there before the game. They had a nice selection of wine and beer, including some local choices.

The atmosphere is a bit upscale, and they asked us at the door if we had reservations, but we didn't feel out of place in our touristy attire or at all unwelcome. Overall, I could easily see this being a very nice place for a quiet, nice dinner, or just as easily a good place to have a couple drinks and munch on appetizers before a ball game.

There are newer reviews for Canyon Creek Front Street

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My friend and I went for dinner at Cayon Creek on Friday July 5 at 5:30. We ordered from the menu for summerlicious. We decided to order the appetizer then decide on the entree and dessert. I found the server rushing us. She kept on asking if we had decided on our entree and dessert. We we still deciding. We ordered the entree next. We also had to ask for more bread. I had order the butter chicken the server told me it was not spicy, clearing it was spicy. So she said she would get me some yogurt to take away the spiciness. Well they did not have yogurt, so she brought me tomatoes with cucumbers cut up with some dressing to put in my entree. I clearly did not like that. How can a resturant not have yogurt....just surprised. My friend had order the roast stiploin and found part's of the sirloin tough. I just had a better experience went I went to Canyon Creek for winterlicious. Not sure if I would go there again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Great steak and pie. WOW Wasnt terrible price for TO. Dont have much more to say. 50 words is a lot for a food review

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were looking for a reasonably priced lunch in the downtown area and found it at Canyon Creek. Great light meal choices and friendly service made a hit. They have bar room seating or a dining room for quieter dining. We sat in the bar and the service was excellent. On Wednesday's when we were there they have five dollar specials which include wine beer and appetizers.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had a quick drink in the bar! The bartender, Chris, is fabulous!! He had our drinks ready very quickly even though it was quite busy! Canyon Creek has always impressed me!