“Great bar”

Canoe Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay and Wellington Streets
Transit: King and Bay
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I frequent the bar area of canoe weekly and the staff know me by name. It is my cheers and no my name is not Norm but it could be.
The staff are absolutely fantastic and friendly. Management always says hi when walking buy or even pop their heads in when they see me in the bar.
It truly is a great spot for after work drinks. The food is always good and service impeccable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,652)

Reviewed February 26, 2014

How is this place not in the top ten places to eat in Toronto? I was really impressed by the service firstly. I was hoping this would be a good place to eat out as if was for my wife's birthday. I would say from the moment we arrived to when we left we had one of the best dining experiences we have had in Toronto. The view of Toronto was great, with the city lights. The food was amazing. I will be coming back here again!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was travelling for work and dining alone, I had been to canoe once before and loved it so decided to go back. The staff was amazing, they chatted with me enough to keep me entertained even though I was alone, but were not at all intrusive. I opted for 3 appetizers to try more dishes- The oysters, carpaccio, and foie gras. I had ordered a nice full glass of red wine to cozy up with when I arrived as I had just walked 10 minutes in very cold weather and that was what my body craved. When my oysters came, the manager came over and poured me some nice white ti pair with them stating that he could not let me eat the oysters with red wine- impressive! The pairing was perfect.

I enjoyed my original glade of red into my carpaccio course, and then when my foie gras came the manager again came over with a more suitable pairing for me. He was friendly, he described the pairings perfectly and paired them perfectly. ALL of the food was divine. There were so many flavours on each plate yet it was never too much or overwhelming, they all blended seamlessly.

I love for, am a huge foodie with a picky palate and everything about this dining experience wowed me. I will be back next time I am in Toronto, for sure! It was pricey but absolutely worth it in my opinion, as I have no problem paying for great food with great service. This is one of the biggest tips i have left for a meal (30 ish %)

Thank you for an unforgettable meal!

1  Thank Maggie M
Reviewed February 14, 2014

It took a long time to finally get a booking at this restaurant so the expectation was high. Here's how our night went: Our server came to take our order, he was not friendly or polite and just asked for our order - we ordered the Strip Loin off the menu. He failed to ask how we wanted our steaks cooked, we had to ask him. When we asked if it could be medium well he very BLANKLY said these EXACT words "NO, we cook all our meat at one temperature" and left. THAT WAS IT. He could not be bothered. We called the manager over after the server left and asked why they weren't able to accommodate medium well, the manager advised us that IN FACT they were able to make it medium well. There was serious damage control thereafter, once the staff realized how POOR and RIDICULOUS this server's attitude was. He was removed from serving us. We did have a word with the manager who was gracious but said the server may have had a 'bad night' - THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. It was inexcusable and I'm still reeling from this experience. Would have liked to have given this place another chance, but would not risk being treated this way EVER again. A well reputed restaurant such as this with the price point they charge has NO excuse to be treating ANY patrons in this manner. We went to have a good experience and ended up leaving quite APPALLED and UPSET.

1  Thank U N
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Beautiful view of lake, great service, Lunch for 2 was still $100 with one drink, tax and tip. Dessert was supposed to be carrot cake with cream cheese, ended up to be a small carrot muffin cut in half with 2 dollops of squeezed cheese. Dessert spoilt the meal but it was a good experience and felt like a meal on a cruise ship with all the service