“Boy oh boy”

Canoe Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay and Wellington Streets
Transit: King and Bay
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This restaurant was an excellent recommendation of a local. The view is stunning, service is excellent. I had foie gras as an entree and artichokes risotto as a main, accompanied by an Argentinian Malbec. It was an exquisite meal and the staff were impeccable, we were happy to tip them generously. Defo recommended for a romantic dinner

There are newer reviews for Canoe Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I personally feel that Canoe deserves more than their 25/30 Food Score on Zagat! Excellent food that was paired with just a good service and even though their Executive Chef wasn't around that evening, their Chef de Cuisine held-the-fort just fine and although it was obviously busy with tables turning, he even took the trouble to come out to thank personally for my 'compliments to the chef'.

$100 Tasting Menu and $150 with Wine-Pairing gives both excellent food and wine and value!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We got a table by the window, the view was great. Our service was appropriate in terms of timing. All questions were answered. The food came out hot and delicious.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

These days, Canoe is usually the restaurant of choice when we want to celebrate. We have tried many nice restaurants in Toronto before but recently we have been choosing to go back to Canoe for our anniversaries and when we want to dine upscale. We are never disappointed. I'm usually picky about my meat but it is always done to perfection here. Not only that, their apps are delicious and unique. The service is exceptional and of course, the view is spectacular, esp. before the sun sets. If you get a table by the window, i like the view better than the one at 360.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I decided to treat our Team to a nice Christmas lunch at what is reputed to be one of the best restaurants in Toronto, Canoe. I had been here before many years ago and found it very good then. Well, I'm sad to say that I was very disappointed. It wasn't all bad, but it was just ok.
GREETING - We were greeted promptly and taken to our 2 tables.
ATMOSPHERE - The atmosphere was a little "cold". Located on the 54th Floor of the TD Tower. It is like a NY-style restaurant with fantastic views of Toronto's skyline by Lake Ontario. One of the great things about Canoe is the view. Sadly, we were seated far away from the windows in an upper dining area. This was disappointing as there was lots of empty space around the windows as we had a late lunch reservation. Several of my team questioned afterwards why they would seat us there...
FOOD & WINE - The food was ok. Nothing to get excited about. I had the smoked salmon appetizer. That's all I can remember at this point. The main course and dessert did not leave an impression. The wine was good; they do have a very good selection.
SERVICE - Service was also good, very attentive, especially with the wine pouring.
Overall, it was ok and that was disappointing. I expected better than ok. Will not rush back.