“An enduring icon that still pleases”

Canoe Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 9,068 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay and Wellington Streets
Transit: King and Bay
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We've been on again off again patrons of Canoe since their opening. We notice the reviews trending downward so we were curious to see how it has changed.
The food still delights, the ambiance beckons and the service is practiced and attentive.
The foie gras was perhaps the best I've had in a long time with the maple jelly making is a sweet treat. We'll be back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,677)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been here a few times but it's been a couple of years. For my hubby this was his first visit. We both really enjoyed our meals, starting with foie gras for him and the corn custard for me - this was really good. For our mains we had the pork loin and duck. Both were very tasty and good sized portions. Desert was the butter tart wedge (I love butter tarts & pecan pie, this was really sweet and my hubby finished it for me) and sticky toffee date pudding. The service was as you would expect at a restaurant of this calibre. I appreciate that my request for a window table was accommodated - I have a view of the CN tower from my office, but it's a different perspective from the 54th floor. We had 2 glasses of wine + a half bottle (I love when restaurants have a good selection of half bottles). With tax approx $300. Tip extra.

1  Thank travelfun001
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The view at this restaurant is amazing; even the chefs in their open kitchen get to appreciate it as well. The wine list was excellent - they even had Chateau Montelena! All the food we had was delicious and the service was impeccable. we can't wait to return on our next trip to Toronto as it has surpassed any other restaurant we have tried in Toronto; certainly any restaurant with a great view.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Canoe is the second best restaurant I have dined at in all my travels.

The atmosphere is chic and is complemented by the stunning views of the city. The restaurant is located on the 54th floor. I had a seat at the window which I requested a few weeks ahead of time. If you want a table close to the window, request in advance.

The bread was the first treat. The bread was a fresh sourdough with panchetta bits and served with a tasty eggplant spread. I was impressed.

For appetizer, I had oysters. There were two different types of oysters: New Brunswick oysters and Prince Edward Island oysters. Both were delicious.

For my entree, I had the Duck. The duck was flavorful and tender. I was pleased.

The plate presentation at Canoe is lovely. The plates are like a form of art.

For dessert, I had a chocolate-sesame sorbet. This dessert was a special. It was fantastic!
I also had espresso. Canoe was the first restaurant I have been too where there are three different types of espresso to choose from.

The service was great as well. The server explained the ingredients in each dish when he put the plates in front of me and always came back to check on me.

Overall, Canoe is the place to eat in Toronto. I can't wait to go back.

2  Thank TravelGuy1001
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We celebrated my birthday here in July during Summerlicious. The view alone was worth the trip to Toronto. We were seated facing the window overlooking the Toronto Islands.

The service was impeccable and so attentive. We would like to say a special thank you to the sommelier who surprised me (and the table) with a lovely ice wine with dessert. It's nice to see a restaurant showcase our Niagara Region...some people really miss out.

All four of us really enjoyed our meals. However, we all agreed that the seafood dishes were the stars but the beef entree needed some more flavour.

We would definitely return to explore the normal menu!