“Enjoyable experience”

Canoe Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Transit: King and Bay
Ontario, Canada
“Enjoyable experience”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has received great reviews from Toronto Life so I was looking forward to eating here. The service was great and they were extremely accommodating with respect to food allergies/sensitivity. We tried the set menu and the seafood platter. The presentation of the food was very nice and overall, the food was good. The main course that i had (pork) was good but the texture a little chewier than I would have liked. The other courses were good but not excellent. The chef was incorporating greens/dandelion in one of the courses which turned out to be bitter.

The atmosphere was nice-- nice view of the lake and the volume of noise was not too loud. I expected a little more value in the quality of my food for the price we paid but overall, it was an enjoyable experience.

• Korean first
Halifax, Canada
“Canoe has an amazing view, food, wine, service.”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been wanting to eat here for a long time, and made sure to reserve as soon as I knew I was going to be in Toronto for 3 days.
I was fretting, as our reservation was for 5:45, and my plane landed at city airport at 5PM. I was meeting my husband, who was already there on business. I had mentioned we might be a bit late, and they were great.
We arrived on the 54th floor, for dinner on the longest day of the year. We were seated by the window with a view of sunset on our right, the CN Tower on the left. We were not far from the large open kitchen, which was a treat to behold.
The menu is all-canadian. I had the bison carpaccio-which is also on the tasting menu, and the Alberta lamb. Steve had the two-tone romaine salad and the rib-eye.
The sommelier, Will, (one of the best in Canada) introduced himself to us, and offered to pair my meal. He was great to talk to, had a great sense of humour, and served me several little glasses of wonderful wines.
The amuse bouche was a treat, as well as the granita served between courses. We even had dessert.
It was a magical night,..the summer solstice sun was setting in the west, we had an amazing dining experience, and a great start to our weekend.
I highly recommend eating here at least once! It is expensive, but worth every penny.

Toronto, Canada
“Canoe Has It All”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Went there for a Birthday Celebration and everything was perfect... from the Ketel One Martini to the view it was all perfect. The service was just right, friendly, informative and not overbearing. The food was beautifully presented and tested fantastic... each plate was better than the next. They had my favourite wine on the list, a Shaw & Smith M3 Chardonnay from South Austraila. The sunset was sensational and the views from the south west side of the restaurant are amazing...I would go back every night if I could.

• Visited April 2013
Istanbul, Turkey
“Excellent food and wine, spectacular view”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

A bit expensive but worth every penny. Reservation recommended. If possible, insist for a window side table. Don't forget to take your camera with you.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank ABudak
New Mexico
“The food is outasight! The bill.....”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Took my Frau there for her birthday. What a nice restaurant! We were seated at a bar facing the kitchen and chatted up the chefs. The food was absolutely incredible and we were treated to a sample appetizer and dessert. We didn't have a view of Lake Ontario but we did get to see the summer solstice sunset. The service was top notch, the ambience beyond compare.

1 Thank Expvalue