“Two pleasures in one. A taste and a view”

Canoe Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay and Wellington Streets
Transit: King and Bay
Brussels, Belgium
“Two pleasures in one. A taste and a view”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Last I was in Toronto was a good 15 years ago. This time round I did view Toronto from the heights of the CN Tower, instead I enjoyed the view of this splendid city whilst eating some great food. A more satisfying expertise in my mind.

It was lunch on a sunny week day so the view was great, the service was spot on and the food was to taste. Soup of the day (with fresh seafood) followed by roasted Alberta lamb were both delicious. My partner enjoyed the mushroom soup and lobster clubhouse, equally as good.

I value eating local produce and I got what I wanted, well executed Canadian products.

Good value for money lunch. What else could I ask for? I recommend.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Toronto
“Great food, great view and awesome service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've had the pleasure of dining at Canoe restaurant a number of times. I most recently enjoyed a business lunch there. If you go, try and get a window seat. The view of lake Ontario is amazing. Once there, you'll enjoy a meal at your pace. If you are not in a hurry, then neither are the staff. If you need to get out at a certain time, then the team makes sure you're done in plenty of time. The menu is diverse, offering great choices for meat eaters, fish lovers or vegetarians. I've had the tasting menu a couple of times for dinner and the wine pairing is really nice, especially given most of the wines they pair are local (Niagara) wines.

• Visited April 2013
Ottawa
“Fun evening”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent service ...meal presented extremely well. Food is good, however it is the service that stands out.

Visited April 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fantastic Service with Terrific Views and Respectable Food”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Canoe had long been on our list of places to visit. We had considered it for a wedding dinner a few years ago, but we opted for another spot. However, it had always remained in our minds for a special occasion.

Wanting to celebrate a friend's birthday, we took him here and were warmly greeted. We were seated immediately and our server (David) came over to ask about a beverage order. It was the first time his presence was felt without being intrusive. Throughout our two-plus hour dining experience he was always available but never seemed pushy or inserted himself inappropriately. Just the opposite--we could not have been more delighted by his service.

The view is terrific and a feature of the restaurant and bar.

In addition to your meal, you are paying for the rent. Prices are steep with most entrees hovering just below $50. They don't have specials and the menu (a la carte or a tasting menu) is somewhat limited. Two of us had the venison and one had the rib eye (ordered it rare and came out perfectly medium rare). But the steak was a bit fatty for a $50 piece of meat. Still, the mustard aioli sauce was fantastic. As starters we tried the tartare, but it was not worthwhile.

We didn't have dessert, but we were acknowledged for the birthday occasion with some treats.

With a simple bottle of wine, tax, and tip our bill was $400 for three. I ranked the service as the best feature of the evening, followed by the view, and then the food. The food wasn't bad. Just not exceptional. We're glad we went but wouldn't like return unless we were on an expense account like a lot of the suits in the place seemed to be on.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Throbbert
Waterloo, Canada
“About time for a review....”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Have been to canoeing times so I figured its about time to tell everyone about it. This isn't just about the view, the food is fantastic, and one of the few that focus on Canadian cuisine. Service is impeccable, food is awesome and well seasoned, view is also impressive...one of te best in Toronto.

• Visited March 2013