“Summerlicious 2013”
Review of Celestin - CLOSED

Celestin
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Manor Road
Transit: Eglinton Station - Take any eastbound bus to Mount Pleasant Road and Eglinton Avenue intersection. Walk South 2 lights. We are located on the north east corner of Mount Pleasant Road and Manor Road
“Summerlicious 2013”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A party of three came for a birthday lunch. I had a baby octopus salad, which I found to lack any flavour except for the olives. My friends had the avocado salad which they were very happy with but one of the plates had radishes which we requested withheld. My salmon did not have much flavour but the steaks were excellent, although the plates were mixed up as one guest did not want onions.The Fresh Mango Roulade on Soft Baked Meringue was great but the almond sauce on the bread pudding was not cooked properly.

• Visited July 2013

“Great evening”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had a wonderful evening at Celestin the other night. Service was attentive and the food was great. We started with their signature cocktail and the manager helped us pick a wonderful pinot noir from their large selection. We enjoyed it thoroughly. It was a special night and we will return.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank cindy k
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I went with my daughter and a friend to Celestin on May 15th and we were greeted by Geoff Chen the charming manager. The food was excellent, however, the best part was the service we received from Geoff. He treats it as if it was own business and spent time chatting with everybody and making sure everything was taken care of.

Main reason for going back to Celestin would be for the warm service of Geoff. Congratulations to the owner for having such a special person on staff.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank gaild2469
“High-quality lunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went here with groups twice in the last month for Winterlicious month. Had the same entree & appetizer both times as it was so good. Eggplant & portobello tart was light & tasty. The Steak frites was wonderful. For dessert 1st time around, had chocolate ganache tart - I'm sure it was very good, but I didn't love it - but I'm not the biggest chocolate lover (yes - people like me exist). The 2nd time, had creme brulee which was excellent.
Service was on-point both times. Very attentive server. However, I was in a rush 2nd time & hoped to be out within an hour - not nearly enough time. My colleagues had to pack up my dessert & bring it to me. For the 1st trip, a colleague was also in a rush, and also left without dessert.
I would just ensure enough time for a leisurely meal next time.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Karen T
“Just OK”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Celestin to try their Winterlicious menu. We had not been there since Pascal Ribreau left, and wanted to see what the former sue-chef and the current owner, Ivan Tarazona, had in store for us. The carmelized onion tart was quite delicious, the seared bavette unfortunately overdone and stringy, and the warm chocolate tart was cold. We did not complain but are not planning to return any time soon. I think that events like Winterlicious are a good way to bring new clients in, and if the meal is not impressive then, what can we expect at other times? I noticed that another reviewer found the meat underdone, so overall, it seems inconsistent, and when we pay between $26 (ragout) and $34 (beef tenderloin or provimi veal liver) for the main course, we want something consistently satisfying!

• Visited February 2013