“High-quality lunch”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Manor Road
Transit: Eglinton Station - Take any eastbound bus to Mount Pleasant Road and Eglinton Avenue intersection. Walk South 2 lights. We are located on the north east corner of Mount Pleasant Road and Manor Road
Toronto, Canada
“High-quality lunch”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went here with groups twice in the last month for Winterlicious month. Had the same entree & appetizer both times as it was so good. Eggplant & portobello tart was light & tasty. The Steak frites was wonderful. For dessert 1st time around, had chocolate ganache tart - I'm sure it was very good, but I didn't love it - but I'm not the biggest chocolate lover (yes - people like me exist). The 2nd time, had creme brulee which was excellent.
Service was on-point both times. Very attentive server. However, I was in a rush 2nd time & hoped to be out within an hour - not nearly enough time. My colleagues had to pack up my dessert & bring it to me. For the 1st trip, a colleague was also in a rush, and also left without dessert.
I would just ensure enough time for a leisurely meal next time.

2 Thank Karen T

Toronto, Canada
“Just OK”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Celestin to try their Winterlicious menu. We had not been there since Pascal Ribreau left, and wanted to see what the former sue-chef and the current owner, Ivan Tarazona, had in store for us. The carmelized onion tart was quite delicious, the seared bavette unfortunately overdone and stringy, and the warm chocolate tart was cold. We did not complain but are not planning to return any time soon. I think that events like Winterlicious are a good way to bring new clients in, and if the meal is not impressive then, what can we expect at other times? I noticed that another reviewer found the meat underdone, so overall, it seems inconsistent, and when we pay between $26 (ragout) and $34 (beef tenderloin or provimi veal liver) for the main course, we want something consistently satisfying!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Miss_Practicality
toronto,canada
“Nice little Restaurant”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had lunch @ Celestin yesterday with friends and really enjoyed myself. After hearing a review on the "radio" which was NOT good I was worried yet have no fear!! Celestin is on the smaller size yet very cozy, nice decor, friendly staff , tasty french food yet portions are on the small side. Nice wine selection by the glass. I would go back...

2 Thank coco45
Toronto
“Does not deserve its high rating - food sent back twice and waiter sullen”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went to Celestine for the second time yesterday.

The main meals were the main problem. I ordered steak which was too underdone and I sent it back - it was grilled again in 2 minutes flat, but the fries & salad was included in the grilling process and I received my plate back as follows - bland steak, rock-hard and dried out fries, soggy cooked salad...I've never sent anything back before and here I had to do it twice for one meal. On top of this, the waiter was sullen and unhelpful (was the poor food his fault? Only if he was the one who re-grilled my food...which I considered as a possibility - what chef would do THAT?).My partner ordered quiche which was bland. The entree of eggplant & mushroom was quite OK.

I have to say, it was the "winterlishious special", so it was cheap ($20 pp for 3 courses). Cheap is nice, but for what we received, it was pretty expensive - it took up our time, our lovely meeting hour and we left with a bad taste in the mouth.
Around us, customers complained about slow service too.

2 Thank snowdrenched
Newmarket, Canada
“Amazing place, definitely worth every penny!”
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I like to treat ourselves to a great meal every once in a while. He had said a little while ago that he would like to try Celestine, so when the opportunity came up, we got ourselves a babysitter and off we went.

What an amazing place! The restaurant is small and quaint, and the atmosphere is laid back and relaxed.

The service, from the moment you walk in the door is superb. We had a fabulous waiter (Marc) who made sure we were happy and answered all of our questions. We had a delicious beet salad and ravioli appetizer followed by bison ribs and a seafood dish. We waited a little while for our food but it was worth it. The food just melts in your mouth! The flavours are excellent and the food was such as you would find on the cover of a magazine!

At the end of our meal, my husband asked if they had creme brûlée for desert, which they did not. We were fine with this and just ordered coffee. The waiter then returned to inform us that if we wanted our desired desert, he could arrange it. My husband was thrilled with this. We also tried the goat cheese ice cream, which was quite good.

We spent quite a bit of money on our meal, including a bottle of wine, but it was worth it! I would definitely recommend Celestine restaurant to anyone looking for an amazing meal, excellent service and a nice atmosphere.

Thank you for making our night a special one, staff of Celestine!

Nathalie