“You will never leave hungry/and take some home with you”

Buddha's Vegetarian Foods
Ranked #1,400 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very, very inexpensive - most dishes arrive in casserole glass dishes filled to the brim. Mostly vegan (egg in the noodles) with plenty of fresh veg. Best dish-immitation duck-I am not a big fun on any fake meats-but this duck rocks (quacks). For 2 adults (good eaters) we usually just order a large duck and one more dish and trust me -this is more than enough. Only down side that most dishes (except for curry-not my favorite) taste very similar-could use some more distinct flavor since most of ingredians repeat. I persomally am missing garlic, onion or wonderful black bean sauce. Over all -if you are on the budget and want a lot of food-this place is not to miss. New owners added a few dishes, hopefully they will improve on the decor and cleanliness.

Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

I've been coming here for over twenty years! Today proved another amazing experience. The hot and sour soup is still fantastic, as is the Buddha's Vegetarian Delight, and the Curried Singapore-style Noodles. The portions are very generous and the price unbeatable. Keep in mind, one does not come here for the decor, rather the food, price and experience. You won't find a better vegetarian hot and sour soup! Don't delay. Try it today!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

OK, you're gonna get a ton of food, probably enough for two leftover forays, and you're going to eat at "minimally attractive" place (if I gotta be truthful), but it's just the best for your wallet and pallet. No one ever leaves the place in the wrong spirit, it works for all!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

This restaurant is not known for its decor, I can guarantee that. My friends and I (total of 12 diners) went last week and had to go through the kitchen hallway and the washrooms to get to the other side of the restaurant where our table was. Nothing fancy about the decor, that I can guarantee.

We ordered .... and then a few minutes after ... the food came. What a banquet! Ooodles and oodles of noodles ... heaping portions. And everything was tasty! I love tofu, tempeh, vegetables! And this restaurant didn't disappoint. Try the unique duck meat appetizer, made up of very thin wafers of soybean wrapper. All of us loved it ... unique dish, that much I can say.

We made the mistake of underestimating the portions. We shared the food but we didn't even make a dent ... lots of doggie bags at the end. All for an average of $9 per dish. WOW! This restaurant has been around for a while ... and it seems to be a very popular place for take out. People just came ordering takeouts or just dining in.

Good value for money.

1  Thank KathleenR_28
Reviewed May 1, 2008

It's no fine dining establishment, but Buddha's will serve you up a mountain of good vegan eats, from bean curd and noodle dishes to soups to mock meats and yam rolls, that will feed you for three meals. And after all that you will barely notice the difference in your wallet. It's not the very tastiest place in town for veggie eats, I must admit, but it is pretty darned good and for the price, it is definitely worth it.

2  Thank sravenk