“Nice venue, great food and reasonable price.”
Review of Brownstone Bistro

Brownstone Bistro
Ranked #474 of 8,648 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Family owned Italian/Continental fusion restaurant. We have been a staple in the Yonge and Wellesley community for the past 13 years. Just recently we underwent a major renovation courtesy of the TV show Restaurant Takover on the Food Network. Ambiance is elegant and classy without being pretentious or stuck up. Our exceptionally-trained staff provide our guests with fast and efficient service while ensuring they feel relaxed and comfortable, never rushed. But most importantly, they make sure our guests feel welcome in our home.
Mississauga, Canada
“Nice venue, great food and reasonable price.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I went here with a friend after a convention on his recommendation. I use to live in the area 15 years ago and it wasn't here then. We sat inside to avoid the smoke in the outdoor section. Nice ambiance, friendly and helpful wait staff. I had the watermelon salad and one of their steak specials with a leek and potato soup. We shared a half bottle of the Tempranillo and it was a good match. We enjoyed the meal, steaks were cooked right at the rare we ordered. No pressure to eat or hurry up despite a bit of a later arrival. I'd certainly return.

Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We love hearing what our guests think. Happy to hear you enjoyed your visit back to the area. We are really trying our best to put Yonge St. back on the map as a go-to destination in the city.

Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again soon. All the best!

United States
“even visited twice”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

had dinner on both 8/10 and 8/11...both experiences were great having visited before in the spring. great food and awesome service...if you like finding a "hidden gem" this is it!

Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Great to hear you joined us twice during your time here. Especially happy to hear that after the major changes with the menu and the decor, you still enjoyed your time here. Thanks again. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Ottawa, Canada
“Lucky we found this place!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

If you're downtown Toronto and want great food for a good price, this is it! We happened upon this place walking on Yonge St. near Queen's Park. The patio was very comfortable and had nice lighting from wicker torches. The service was stellar. We ordered spring rolls for starters which came with a great Thai sauce with just a slight kick and some shredded vegetables. I ordered the special which was an 8oz steak medium rare with herb crusted shrimp. The steak was one of the best I've ever had. I chose the mushroom sauce to accompany it and I made the right choice. The red potatoes were cooked perfectly through and just the right crispiness. The shrimp were very flavourful and had a great added texture from the herbs. My girlfriend had a delicious and filling meatball and pasta dish with cheese stuffed meatballs and sauced noodles. The value for your return is the cherry on top of this deal!

Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, August 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Great to hear you enjoyed your time here. We strive to ensure our guests receive the total dining experience whether it be through ambiance, food, service, or value. Happy to see it showed. Thanks again for joining us. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
“Loved the makeover.”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was our first visit since the renovations. Loved the outcome, and of course the great food and wonderful staff.

• Visited July 2012
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Initially we were unsure as to how our guests would embrace the change but it seems they really enjoy it which was a great relief on our part. Happy you enjoyed everything and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you!
the Netherlands
“My only European experience while in Toronto!”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have been visiting friends and family in Toronto and whilst there, like in many previous occassions I visit, eat and experience many hidden culinary gems and such in GTA and especially across downtown Toronto.

This time on, accompanied by one of my most dearest friends and taking her advice to the heart; I followed her to this lovely location along Yonge street. Given the rather small terrace was totally packed, the waitor offered to create a cosy fun place for us so to be seated on the outside, but being a North European traveller and totally not used to the utmost humid and "hot" summer in Toronto, we declined his offer and chose to be seated inside.

We were not that hungry to order a full meal but again the waitor came to rescue me from the confusion of many yummy food and me not being able to choose which to order, so we got a platter of all starters along with our drinks.

The platter; more of Tapas style, was nicely chosen, arranged and served with fresh herbs and the quality of the food was just more than what I could expect from any place along Yonge street.

It was/is perhaps the only European experience I had to encounter during this visit at any restaurant, bistro or café along Yonge street which is rich to many of such of different nations and cultures offering a varied selection of food from every corner of this globe. But Brownstone Bistro is a bit of a so called " Bruin Café" as the Dutch call them with high quality good food, a nice selection for every taste and above all, friendly staff!

The staff makes for the half of your culinary experience and here I was able to see them truly interact with the guests, provide solvency and have a nice friendly chatter and THAT is my most memorable part of this experience.

Thank you and "tot ziens" as the Dutch say! (see you soon again)

• Visited July 2012
Mark Y, Owner at Brownstone Bistro, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We strive to create that European environment with our exposed brick walls and varied cuisine. Great to hear we were able to achieve our goal. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to your return toToronto :)