“Better late than never”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vaticano

Vaticano
Ranked #630 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Vancouver, Canada
“Better late than never”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I am from Vancouver ,but for years traveled across Canada for business.
What inspired this review was at dinner the other night , my wife casually mentioning that we should take a trip to Toronto. Her primary reason was, that although we were in a fine restaurant,whose food was excellent, it brought Vaticano to her mind. I/we have eaten at Vaticano several times and can say that each time is a culinary experience. The simplest of sides,angel hair with tomato sauce, is so good that regardless of what else I order ,I always have some. My wife remembers the Lasagna and Rack of Lamb as her two favorites. Once we were passing through Toronto coming up from the Dominican Republic,we were staying at the airport for one night. To give you an idea of how good this place is We taxied in to the city just to have dinner at Vaticano. Cab fare was $120. Felice and Monika have designed the perfect dining experience,you will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went there for a "Summerlicious" lunch. First time at the restaurant - but have heard good things about it. It was exquisite! The Calimari was the best I have ever been served, and so was the fried liver. So tender! My dinner partner has the asparagus soup, which was also beautifully cooked as was the sea bass. Great Barolo wine and a perfect vodka martini too. The service was friendly and attentive. Top marks! Will be back!

• Visited July 2013
Geelong, Australia
“Warm, inviting Italian Restaurant”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We had a great evening - the food was delicious and beautifully presented, and the service was, for the most part, excellent.
The ambience was warm and friendly, though in the corner where we sat, the lighting was almost too low.
All in all a very enjoyable experience and one which I would be happy to repeat if I could.

Visited June 2013
Toronto
“Mother's Day Lunch”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I took my family to Vaticano for Mother's Day lunch this year. It was everyone's first time at the restaurant and we were impressed! The decor is beautiful, warm, and a has a touch of romance (even in the middle of the day). I can only imagine how lovely the restaurant looks during dinnertime, under dim lighting and candlelight (as explained by the server).

The service was perfect - not too pushy and not too distant. I personally don't like to feel rushed at a restaurant, and don't mind waiting a few extra minutes before the server comes by to take an order or clear some plates. We didn't have to wait, and we weren't rushed either.

We ordered the Caprese salad (bright red tomatoes with mozzarella cheese), the Gambretti Vulcana (sauteed shrimp in a mildly spicy tomato sauce), and the Della salad (a light and refreshing salad with arugula, pears, walnuts, and shaved parmesan). All had a deliciously specific flavour to them and were portioned just right.

For our mains, we ordered a Penne Cleopatra (penne pasta with smoked salmon and spinach in a rose sauce), the Grilled Atlantic Salmon Steak, and a few other pastas. The Atlantic salmon was grilled to perfection and the Cleopatra dish was a great mix of flavour. Vaticano's palette appeases fans of flavourful, yet delicate, European cuisine. We all left the restaurant satisfied, yet not feeling bloated or overstuffed. We even had room for dessert! We had the tiramisu that is made in-house, and an off-the-menu item offered only during warm weather - a Banana Split! We asked our server for off-the-menu items and they were happy to make recommendations.

Overall, we had a pleasant experience and found the prices to be extremely reasonable, considering the quality of the food and the location!

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Chic dinner experience”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went there last month with an out of town friend and what a great decision. Great food, great service and great atmosphere. I found the prices very decent for the area, especially for the great quality you get and good size portions. The wine list is perfect. The service is high class and the decor is superbe.I really felt confortable. I strongly recommend it if you want a real formal dinner experience.

• Visited April 2013