“Great Food, Romantic Atmosphere”
Review of Vaticano

Vaticano
Ranked #586 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Midtown
Oakville, Canada
“Great Food, Romantic Atmosphere”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have eaten here three times, twice for dinner and once for lunch.
Last night, my husband and I had a quick but lovely dinner here before going to a concert.
We had reserved and were given a quiet table in a great location.
The wine list here is fairly extensive and wines by the glass and half bottle are also served.
We both had Caesar salad,(authentic) and homemade pasta. My husband ordered pasta with a tomato, pancetta ,mushrooms and pecorino cheese and I ordered the gnocchi with four cheese sauce-delicious.
The only slight glitch here was with the service. We had 4 different waiters serving us and none seemed aware of what the others were doing. They were all lovely, but it made for less than great communication.
Still, a wonderful spot and well-priced- for Yorkville.

• Visited November 2012

Toronto, Canada
“dinner and watch sports @ their Bar”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Great atmosphere when I am alone to go and watch TV sports and have a great meal with excellent service and great conversation with others at the bar area....the main dining room is great as well....good place to celebrity watch...Delicious Italian food, in the heart of Yorkville...

• Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Sundays retreat:)”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband loves to watch games on Sundays. Since Vaticano is my second favorite restaurant in Toronto and has TVs by the bar we go for dinner almost every Sunday. Atmosphere is romantic, food is always delicious and a great service. We love Vaticano!

Visited October 2012
East Greenville, Pennsylvania
“Great food, unique atmosphere, noisy”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The place has a unique setting and entrance and was bustling with many locals. To me, that's always a good sign! We saw an ad for this restaurant and our concierge concurred that this was a good place to go and made us the reservation.

We were promptly seated, and the waiter was quick to attend to us. Frankly, we could hardly hear him - this is one of the loudest restaurants I've ever eaten in. The menu was reasonably priced for a metro area and had menu great italian classics on their menu. The spaghetti carbonara, rigatoni bolognese and the gnocchi's were all very good. We shared some desserts which were home made - a panna cotta and very good tiramisu. The wine list is VERY pricey.

• Visited October 2012
Halifax, NS
“Good Italian, but overpriced wine list”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Went here with a group of work colleagues, service was prompt and professional. Caesar salad was good but not great, veal and roasted veggies were very good. Biggest issue was the wine list. House red was $85/l - I think this is ridulous....very difficult to find a decent wine for $60 or under. A ridulous mark up... With all the great restaurants in TO - I would elsewhere because of the very high wine prices.

• Visited September 2012