“Seen Better Days!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bloor Street Diner

Bloor Street Diner
Ranked #4,770 of 8,401 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Toronto, Canada
“Seen Better Days!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recently dined there and hadn't been back for a number of years. The wait staff was pleasant, the food mediocre. I believe this restaurant has lost its edge over time. Never understood the name because it's on Bay Street.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 121Ann

Toronto, Canada
“Really tasty food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I went here on recommendation from someone in a store nearby, and I'm glad we did. Yes, the tables are tight, and it was busy - but what restaurant isn't in that area (around 6pm)?

Prices are reasonable and service was excellent. Our waitress was awesome - she refilled our glasses of water without us asking/having to wait. We had to wait a while for our food and I thought it's just because it was busy. The manager brought us the food and apologized for the delay - my pizza had been burnt on the first round so they made me a second pizza. I was really impressed as they didn't have to tell us as we hadn't complained about the wait. A few minutes later he came back to check everything was ok.

I had the chicken pizza (really awesome!) and my husband had burger/fries. He liked it (but the fries weren't anything special). We had the molten lava cake for dessert .... more thick lava and less flowy lava, but still tasted good (pricey for the size - $8 + tax). I would definitely eat here again. We went on a Friday evening and were told that it was open until 2:00am.

Tip - we were offered a table in the middle area (dining area). We asked for a table with the sofa. We had to wait a few minutes, but we ended up getting a lovely corner table that was worth the wait.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank foreverblended
ontario
“Interesting place, mediocre food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was quite disappointed in the place.It was very busy with the tables crammed in together. Quite noisy. A redeeming feature wa that they had a live jazz band playing away in a corner. The food was in the form of a buffet and try as I might I could not find any real quality in what they served up. the service was good and cheerful but I would not be hurrying back any time soon.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank ericon991
“Dependable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Food and service are good and the menu has lots of nice choices. I'm always satisfied and the location is very convenient if you are in Bloor Yorkville area.

Toronto
“Nothing Finer Than My In-house Diner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

One or the perks of living in Manulife Apartments is not having to cook or stress over unexpected visitors. The Bloor Street Diner within the complex has been around Toronto for many years. It has a cozy dining room, a bar and an outdoor terrace. Service is thoughtful and cheerful. A versatile "soup to nuts" menu offers choices of al la carte appetizers, mains or entire meals. Presentation is very attractive. I've visited many time as and found the food to be consistent. My "faves" are the French Onion Soup, Mussels or the Shrimp and Emmenthal appetizer The cheesecake is wonderful. Thin crust pizza turns up often at adjoining tables and the people seem happy with it. I usually order Jackson Trigg one of the house wines., but today will try a Martini to evaluate how it stirs up in comparison with the perfect one I had at the Four Seasons D-Bar. The Bloor Street Diner is always busy in prime time. When my meal is finished, no need for me to don a coat, i just stroll over to the elevator in the apartment wing.
Others can reach the diner via subway without ever having to go outdoors as an underground path connects right to Manulife Centre.

• Visited January 2013