“Always the best steakhouse in Toronto” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Black Angus Steakhouse - CLOSED

Black Angus Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Etobicoke
Cross street: Bloor & Islington
Transit: Islington Subway station
Description: WE ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR REPAIRS AS OF FEBRUARY 22, 2016. Established in 1964, Black Angus Steakhouse is one of Toronto's landmark steakhouses. Black Angus offers guests an unmatched dining experience with impeccable personalized service and an exquisite ambience. Serving only the best, Black Angus is now sourcing both locally and globally, choosing select tender cuts of aged beef. All steaks are prepared using hardwood charcoal and grilled to perfection on Black Angus' signature open grill.
Toronto, Canada
“Always the best steakhouse in Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We regulars rave about the Black Angus because we know its the best steak house in Toronto, and as much as we love it, we try not to brag about it too much in case it gets over run with newcomers.
Harry and his staff attend to all your needs very well and they make everyone feel like a VIP!
The garlic bread is the best in the city so be sure to try it...with cheese.
All the steaks are great, with my favourite being the 12oz New York. Medium rare to medium is the best way to order it. The grillmaster runs his charcoal grill with precision and I can honestly claim that after eating there for 26 years, I have never had a bad steak.
Insider's tip...try the ribs as an appetizer....unbelievable good.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RIT17

Woodbridge, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I had the good fortune to be invited to a birthday dinner at the Black Angus last Saturday. I had been there a number of years ago and had forgotten how they truly are the masters at grilling a steak. We started with some garlic bread with cheese which arrived very hot and was quickly devoured by all.

The filet mignon that I had ordered was grilled to perfection and was the most tender that I have ever had. Accompanied with garlic mashed potatoes that were outstanding, the whole meal experience was outstanding.

The apple benet dessert was as I had remembered it.........excellent.

This is absolutely the best steak house in Toronto and has been that for some time. If I lived closer, I would be here at least every month. The only word to describe your eating experience here is "excellent".

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST STEAK HOUSE IN TORONTO BAR NONE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have eaten at all the premier steak houses in Toronto and I always come back to this one.
The Black Angus is by far the best steak house in Toronto. They serve The best grade black angus beef steaks that are grilled on a charcoal grille. Not very many steak houses do that any more. Sizzling a steak is not the same thing, or oven cooking. The service is the best in the city.
Many of the staff have been 20 year employee's.
Henry, the new owner, is keeping things just as they have been all these years. If it works, don't try to fix it. He has been with the restaurant prior to taking ownership for many years and is very professional. If you are interested in the food this is the place, if you are looking for a fancy and shiny flash in the pants, go somewhere else where the food is not the main reason you are going dining. THIS IS A STEAKHOUSE!!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Danny S
“Old School Steak House”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

And nothing wrong with that! If it ain't broke, don't fix it -- Black Angus has taken that saying to heart, and I've got to believe that our experience in late 2012 was much the same as my parents' in 1972. The steak was just as you would hope -- excellent!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Toronto, Canada
“Still an awesome steak !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Visited the Black Angus with some friends over the weekend for what seems like the 100th time and came away satisfied as usual. Under the new ownership I was worried that things might change but my fears have been alleviated as the steak is still cooked to perfection and tender as ever.

I've been coming to the Angus for over 20 years and Jimmy, Peter and new owner Harry are still delivering the goods.

We started the meal with the tasty garlic cheese which goes great with the complimentary dill pickles. We shared the starter ribs which were very tender with a light tangy sauce. If you're going to have salad the caesar is top notch.

Our steaks as I said were cooked to perfection and your choice of potato is included ! There are many sides to choose from with the onion rings and mushrooms being my favorites.

The price is reasonable compared to other steak houses in the city and the steak definitely ranks in the top three in the city.

My only complaint would be that basic cocktails are expensive and they are skimping on the booze since the new ownership took over. It use to be that when you ordered a rum and coke you could really see and taste the rum. Now, we were charged $10 for a rum and coke with barely an ounce of rum in it. If you're charging that much you have deliver a decent drink.

All in all it's still the steak is still top notch and the service impeccable. If you're in the mood for steak, this is THE place to go !

• Visited March 2013