“Wonderful time”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a such a great experience tonight I thought I should share. We tried some oysters they were incredibly fresh, the crab cakes were impressive too. The seafood boil didn't disappoint us in any way. I had the bread pudding for dessert and I haven't had bread pudding that good since I was in New Orleans. Although our food was wonderful the best part was the service. Our waitress was very knowledgeable of the menu, checked on us often, and was so considerably pleasant.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had a quick lunch. The oysters in the shell were very fresh and excellent. Some of the best crispy calamari we've had. Ordered a side of corn bread for $6 which was very, very good. But we only got 2 pieces for $6. For that price there should have been at least 4 pieces.

Finally we had the alligator. 1st time, and it was tender, tasty and excellent.

No need for reservations for lunch. I would certainly go back.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

Arrived around 4pm, if you don't have a reservation you get directed to the bar lounge ( which is actually very nice, plenty of tables and a couple of round booths in either corner) Like the atmosphere, the service was fantastic. The food was good, however the portions are kind of small for what you pay. We ordered off the Prix Fixe Menu, for $26 or $31 you can chose an appetizer, entree and dessert. The Jalapeno Cornbread Brushcetta was ok. The cornbread itself was amazing but the they serve the tomatos on the side and they were very cold. You got 2 small pieces. Jambalaya was so good!! Highly recommend. Dessert I chose the Peanut Butter cupcake...it was quite literally 1 small cupcake on a plate. But the cake was moist and the icing was delish. My friend had the PEI mussels, and enjoyed them. The fish and chips were very heavily battered and the fish was mushy. He had the Mississippi Mud Pie for dessert and said it was very good. If you like dessert coffee, try the Voo Doo.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were five ladies & had gone to the matinee performance at the Princess of Wales Theater, getting there around 4:30 'ish and did not have a reservation. We were lucky that we could be accommodated in the bar area.

We all enjoyed what we ordered.

(When ordering before 6 pm, you get a $2.00 discount off the 'small menu - I think I have described that properly).

I had ribs & their garlic fries. Excellent and I had no room for dessert.

Yes, I would recommend Big Daddy's, but make a reservation to make sure you can get in.

Our server was Fantastic and this was my third time.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We wanted to try something different and try seafood. We ve never been at this chain.
We had clam chowders, steak and lobster.
The lobster was almost cold and watery. Not tasty, it was like purchased from a store.
The steak was good.
It is pricy for what you eat.