“Loved this place on my vacation.”

Big Daddy'S Crab Shack And Oyster Bar
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Great service, great food and a quiet place to sit and relax. This was my go-to place for my week in Toronto.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

great food and service, plesant atmosphere, would absolutely recommend this place to family and friends and will be back in the future! cheers!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went 5 adults and my 4 year old grandson for his birthday. They gave him beads and he got to pick the colours. I took items from the small plates menu. Because it was voodoo hour, each items was $2 less. I took the calamari, the shrimps and the pulled pork (total $14). The calamari and shrimps were deep fried, but not greasy. The pulled pork was very tasty. For dessert, I took bread pudding with bourbon which enhances the pudding perfectly. Everyone at the table was happy with their meal varying from fish, steak, oysters, seafood, etc. The decor is nice and the waiting staff was courteous and attentive. It is one minute walk from the TTC, near the theatres and across Roy Thomson Hall. I will go again for sure.

1  Thank Loubuen
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Food is good but pricy - waitress slow and expecting high tips. Dont have to return. The only reason to go there might be the music.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Toronto has a foody event goiing on in July called Summerlicious, a price fixe menu that features an appitizer, main course, and a dessert for a resonable price. This is nice, and Big Daddy's a great place to go to. I started with the Gumbo, which was a great way tio kick off the meal. Afterwards, I had the bronzed fish of the day. I had my choice of catfish and white fish, I went with the catfish aand was not disappointed. It tasted great, and came with potatoes and a medely of vegies. For dessert I had the Bouron Street bread pudding which was perfect. I ostly drank Diet Coke with my meal, but with my dessert I had a New Orleans Java which ended my meal on a cozy note. The staff was friendy, and the restaurant was busy so I sat in the oyster bar which was still a nice place. I will defenitely be back.