“Excellent food and service! Been here 2 times”
Review of Biff's Bistro

Biff's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Biff's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 8,996 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge St.
Transit: Biff's Bistro is located one and a half blocks east of Union Station and two blocks south of King Station using the subway.
Description: Reminiscent of a 1930's Parisian Bistro, Biff's Bistro is a smart, upscale masterpiece by Toronto uber-restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. The stylish lounge, featuring a stunning zinc-topped bar, represents pure vintage design, while handsome leather banquettes, warm wood paneling and grand mirrors create a rich, lively dining space. In this setting, Chef Amanda Ray presents an extensive menu of inspiring French bistro cuisine, with an impressive corresponding wine list. Located in the heart of downtown, just steps away from many downtown theatres, hotels and the Air Canada Centre.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The food and service was excellent. I should have gone here again for the 3rd time to celebrate my engagement. I went to Pure Spirits Oyster House instead and regret it greatly. The food and service at Pure Spirits is crap compared to Biff Bistro :)

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stopped in at Biff's mainly because it was close to our hotel and the weather was bad, but we were pleasantly surprised. The food and service were excellent and it was a very comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy the meal.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I had the duck, and my friend had the liver. We both agreed it was the best liver we'd ever had, and although the duck was great, I was wishing I'd also ordered the liver after having a taste. The food was overall excellent. The ambience was good. The only drawback was the noise level - it was a tad noisy. Overall, I would return here again, and would recommend it without hesitation. We went here before attending a performance at the St. Lawrence Centre for the Arts.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I am always suspicious of entertainment-district restaurants as they usually seem more concerned about cycling first seating patrons through quickly than in quality food and service. However, Biff's more than lived up to its TripAdvisor rating.

Service was excellent. When seated, our waitress asked nicely if we had plans for later. When we mentioned the vent, she new of it and the time it started and said she would make sure we were out in plenty of time, which we were. Courses arrived promptly after ordering and then as each was finished, but we never felt rushed. We even had a bit of time to finish our wine and enjoy a coffee.

But, the food was wonderful. I love foie gras, and had not had any for some time. A very generous slice was grilled to a slight char on the outside but a custardy interior and just melted on the tongue. Accompaniments just highlighted the flavour.

Same for the daily suckling pork special - that day a porchetta, accompanied by a savoury orange glaze that really worked nicely with the meat. Very tasty.

Menu and wine lists are relatively short, as befits a bistro experience, but cover all the needed bases. Overall, prices are quite reasonable.

I would come back here again, even if not before some nearby event.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

$1 oysters are a definite must have, fresh and delicious. The menu is typical French bistro cuisine and the variety of selections covers most tastes. Food was delicious and memorable including the calves liver! Service can be spotty. BYOB corkage is $25., but worth bringing out a good wine from your cellar. Always a great dining experience here.