“Favorite Toronto steak house for 20 years”

Barberian's Steak House
Ranked #88 of 10,247 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed May 14, 2018 via mobile

Been dining and celebrating various special events at Barberian’s for 20 years now. Definitely our fav steak place in Toronto. But wait — the lobster, salmon, rack of lamb, etc are also some of the best we’ve had anywhere. Great location, a bit of a rustic setting and consistently excellent staff. The wine selection is off the charts huge. Can’t go wrong based on our dozens of terrific experiences.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank fromtoronto34172

Reviewed May 11, 2018 via mobile

Went out for a birthday night out.
The prime rib was Amazing!!!!
Service was fantastic.
Our waiter overheard it was my boyfriend's birthday and didn't charge us for the dessert so what we saved went to his tip. Very kind gesture.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

Read on tripadvisor that this was one of the best steakhouses in Toronto and was very disappointed with the service and the meal. The steak was over cooked and when we spoke to the waiter about it he did not seem to care. We asked for a new one and was told that we would be charged for it. We did not end up getting a new one for this reason. Was very disappointed

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank mitchellbaxter
Reviewed April 22, 2018

First mistake - Going to a restaurant where patrons are all well-heeled regulars, or well-heeled regular wannabe's. As newcomers we felt very out of place. Service was cool, while lots of attention was paid to most other tables.
Second mistake - Ordering "fresh fish of the day" at a steak restaurant. Despite the expensive price, it was rubbery and actually tasted a bit off. I know I should have returned it, but my shyness kept me from doing so.
I don't plan to be back, and could not honestly recommend it when there are so many other great choices in downtown Toronto.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank SL C
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

A classic old school steakhouse that has been in the same interesting well preserved premises for a long time. Excellent knowledgeable wait staff who are happy to help with the massive wine list. The steaks are excellent and perfectly cooked - at least they have been every time I have been there over the last 20 years. You can pay multiples of the prices Barberian's charge in other Toronto locations, but I cannot think of a reason why you would.

Date of visit: April 2018