“Best prime rib”

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best prime rib”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The service was average but the food is excellent. It's the best prime rib I've had so far. The lighting was very and the tables were a bit too close beside each other, I could hear other conversations at other tables better than I could hear my partner.
They serve a wonderful clam chowder, escargots were ok.
My partner's filet mignon was a bit burnt on one side. Definitely would go back for the prime rib though!

Holland Landing, Ontario, Canada
“great steaks!!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

great steaks, great service ! Not cheap but for fining dinning not bad, i would go back, i had new yorker cooked a perfect medium,
Entrees
Double Thick Pork Chop $29.50
Grilled Rack of Lamb $48.75
Chateaubriand For Two $95.00

Washington, DC
“wonderfully old and quaint steak house”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

not the most inexpensive meal I've had recently, but very good value. The caesar salad, the New York strip and sauted spinach was just want i was looking for. incredible wine menu. the half bottles are not cheap but very high quality. highly recommended for a traditional steakhouse experience (not like Ruth Chris')...

Toronto, Canada
“I'm Confused”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Why does a restaurant like this get such good reviews. I have had better steak from my backyard BBQ than what I got here. Our bill for 2 was $275. We had a mediocre garden salad that had nothing interesting about it. Our party had Chateaubriand which looked like it would be good as it was a nice pink, but it was quite dry. The rest of us had Rib Eye Steaks that were chewy and full of grissle. The atmosphere of the restaurant is a disgrace. It is actually dirty if you ask me. For the amount of money they charge they could at least splurge for some modern comfortable chairs rather than things I threw out years ago. I can't even see that this was just an off day, as the meal was nothing exciting to start with. I guess the rest of the world has bad taste for what a good steak should be. I eat out an awful lot and we like to try all kinds of new restaurants. This was a huge disappointment after all the rave reviews. A boring salad, steak and baked potatoe for $275 - I think not!

Toronto
“A Real Steakhouse”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I eat at Barberian's at least four times a year, always for lunch. What brings me back are the steaks and the unpretentious atmosphere. the steaks are excellent quality, flavorful and never dry. Sides are basic, choice of potatoe and steamed vegeatables but the steaks are so good it doesn't matter. Though as others have mentioned, the pickles which are served to every table along with bread, are outstanding.

the decor is somewhat of a time trip, you may feel like you've stepped back in time to the 1960s or 70s but it's part of the charm.

• Visited December 2012