“Great atmosphere and food”
Review of Bar Italia

Bar Italia
Ranked #1,158 of 8,851 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Clinton
Transit: If travelling by Subway, exit at Bathurst station and take the streetcar southbound. Exit at College Street and transfer westbound to either Euclid or Clinton.
Description: A landmark of Little Italy since 1996, "the chic" Bar Italia (New York Times) is the place to find the very best in upscale casual dining! You are sure to love our outstanding new world and Italian wines and diverse menu of classic Italian cuisine featuring delicious pastas, antipasto and delectable secondi. Devour an award winning Dolci - tiramisu, flourless chocolate truffle cake, tangy lemon tart or smooth gelato, all made in our bake shop! There's also a lot of excitement upstairs at Bar Italia, overlooking College Street in one of downtown Toronto's most colorful cityscapes and hosting some of the city's most exciting events! Our Private Dining Room and our Upstairs Lounge can work individually or combined for all kinds of special occasions, events and meetings, including weddings, corporate functions, birthdays, private dinners, cocktail socials, launch parties or networking events. With events held here regularly, you never know who you're going to run into next at this popular hot spot!
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Besides our server being amazing - the place has great atmosphere and great food - i had a half portion of the antipasto and it was a great light dinner. It was terribly loud in there - so much so that the server mentioned, but hey, it was Saturday night and everyone was just having a great time.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had my wedding reception at Bar Italia in August and I was blown away by the service and the amazing food. Then, my husband and I went back over the Christmas holidays and it was just as wonderful. My husband had the short ribs...A M A Z I N G!! And Joe the Manager is a real class act. He is always hospitable and caters to your every need. This is a great restaurant for a special event, hanging with the girls or your special someone.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I will start with all the positives, which there were many. Our waitress was awesome, very friendly and enthusiastic. She came around frequently to check on us, but not so much that it was annoying. The food was good, I had the fusilli with a basil cream sauce and my friend had the veal. My ceasar salad that I started with was great-not too much dressing, and it was served with baked cheese, love! I liked the atmosphere here, it was laid back-the kind of place you could sit at all night sipping wine and chatting. The only negative part of my experience was the smell! We kept getting wafts of a sewage smell! We were seated towards the back by the kitchen, and when we walked towards the front and downstairs to use the bathroom the smell disappeared. It became a huge turn off, who wants to eat a meal while smelling sewage? We didn't say anything-probably should have, I think we didn't because like I said the smell was random, it came in wafts so we'd forget about it and then be reminded! I would maybe go back again, but if the smell was still there then I'd definitely say something and probably not return.

2  Thank 13travel_bug
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have been here many times and always enjoy our meal. The grilled Calamari is a favorite along with the house spaghetti. The mushroom risotto is also delicious. Don't bypass the daily specials as they typically offer great options at good value. We keep going back as we love the total package.

1  Thank Gary8781
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Everyone from the Manager, down to the floor staff were very helpful, courteous and efficient. My guests and I were impressed with the entire evening. We had a 60th Birthday surprise for my husband and this was the perfect setting. We were even entertained by a live band "Shugga Shugga" who were amazing! Bar Italia Lounge was by far one of the best venues around Toronto. We selected a variety of finger foods to be served throughtout the evening and it was plentiful and delicious! Bravo Bar Italia and thank you Joe, Sarah, Amanda and Damon !!!! Will definitely recommend you to all my friends and family!!!!!!!

1  Thank teresa R