“Very Good but watch out for hot peppers!”

Banjara Indian Cusine
Ranked #639 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Visiting Toronto in January, went with my daughter and her husband on their recommendation. The restaurant is within easy walking distance from the subway. Inside is very warm and inviting with seating in either a greenhouse-like space or within the main restaurant itself. We chose inside as it was a chilly night.

Once seated there was a plate of papadum waiting brought to the table to snack on while we perused the menu. Service is fast and friendly and the menu has a lot of variety. We each ordered a different combo platter so we could share. All of the items are available mild, medium or hot (spicy) The waitress takes your order on a smartphone and sends the order to the kitchen. One neat feature is a small button on the side of the table that you can use to summon a waiter!

The meal arrived quickly and the food looked delicious....and was. However, a pepper or some kind of strong spice found its way into one of my dishes and my mouth felt like it was on fire. It took a good 15 minutes for the heat to go away.

All in all an enjoyable meal at this neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I went to Banjara restaurant for the very first time, because a friend of mine was having her birthday gathering there. Considering this was also my first time trying Indian (I had wanted to for quite some time and I had been told that I would enjoy it - because I love spicy foods), I was a little unsure of what to order, but our server helped me make a decision.
I absolutely loved everything about this restaurant. All of the staff were exceptionally kind, attentive and helpful. The food was delicious, very reasonable priced and portioned.
I had the sample platter of butter chicken - very delicious!

Now, I am not sure if Banjara is considered "the best Indian food in Toronto" - I have seen some reviewers mention that, and others that mention another restaurant. All I do know is that I will definitely visit this restaurant again!

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The portions are huge, it's not expensive, the food is amazing! Favourite place I've ever been. I go as often as possible and the lunch thalis are great.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Have been told this place had the best Indian - wish I had tried it sooner! Incredibly friendly and highly attentive service, food was on the table very quickly. Everything was delicious and for those that like spicy - spicy is definitely spicy. Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We've eaten in this restaurant a few times and the food is great. Mainly, we order take-out and the food is always delicious. Highly recommend the butter chicken. The naan is always yummy. Anything that we've ordered from Banjara is always excellent.