“Meh, I've had better” 3 of 5 bubbles

Aunties and Uncles
Ranked #533 of 8,405 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Downtown
United States
“Meh, I've had better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Food is just okay, it's by no means bad, but it doesn't have that "wow" factor. Home-fries (hash browns) were mushy. Everyone at our table were under whelmed, but the place stills packs em in, so what do we know?.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank MrFozziedoggie

Toronto, Canada
“Probably won't come back”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

To start, the food at this place is alright but really not worth the wait.
That's why we showed up right at opening time (9am) to find the place already packed!! I asked the server about this and her response was "what do you want me to do?"

Ok whatever. Turns out they had a couple of tables upstairs (the stairs are as steep as a ladder and I'm sure having 20 people up there violates some fire code and would be a huge tragedy if there were a fire).

We sit down and try to order straight away and were told that the server would have to check to make sure every downstairs had ordered first!!! We were with a baby too!

Then 10 mins later we were told they didn't serve waffles anymore (it took 10 mins to figure this out?!).

All this said, the food came shortly thereafter and it was alright.

Lessons learned, get there before 9, and don't bring grandma if you're gonna be seated upstairs.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank beautifultree12
Toronto, Canada
“YUM YUM YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Best brunch i've ever had without a doubt. This place is simply delicious. Can't really fault it. The omelette which was daily special really surprised me. Had feta and curd inside it. The toast was delicious and the tea kept coming. The outside seating was perfect for the super sunny day. Will definitely go back here!

Visited May 2013
Brussels, Belgium
“Vintage breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

A former 50s barbershop, this little place dishes up a great breakfast in a unique retro surrounding.
You might be in for a wait on a weekend with people queuing outside. Fortunately for us it was the first sunny day of spring and the wait, with a coffee from nearby, was an enjoyable one.

The food is good, I had pancakes and my partner the burger of the day. Both were very nice and we accompanied it with fresh juice.

Waiting time was a tad long, but fortunately we had some old comics to read.

One really should try this place at least once.

Visited April 2013
Toronto, Ontario
“Delicious!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my first visit to this legendary brunch spot.... and it won't be my last. I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast tacos that I ordered and can't wait to try other delicious looking menu options.