“Tastey kebab”

Neighborhood: East End
Toronto, Canada
“Tastey kebab”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Great food and porition, but ive had tasier at a better value. But for the danforth this place is very good and at par with all the other places. The serving size is huge twice the amount i could eat, so it will satisfy the hungriest appeite! Busy place and you get to watch the food cook, the style of the building is really cool and feels like its greek.

toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Astoria - no longer the Jewel of the Danforth”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Having gone to Astoria for many years, I was always impressed by the incredibly efficient service and great food. Based on the service I had last night, I can only conclude that the restaurant has been sold and the new owners haven't got the fogiest idea how to run a restaurant or that they could care less about service. Service on the patio was terribly slow. Our waitress rarely showed up. Food came cold. I had to finally walk into the restaurant to tell the Maitre d i wanted to my leftovers packed up and my bill. When I complained about the service, all he could tell me is he is sorry and he will look after me next time. I wasnt looking for a freebie but just a sign that "someone was home" and cared. Not the case. I will never return !!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank garth h
Windsor, Canada
“Great good and ambiance. Best patio in greektown”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

This was my first visi to Astoria. If you enjoy green cuisine, danforth avenue is the place to be. We were drawn to the astoria by I decor. Fresh clean look and great table on danforth street.

The menu has the traditional Greek items. The flaming cheese has been delicious, we looked over at the other tables and the items off the grill look so yummy. We elected the grill platter. It comes with 2 lamb chop, grill quail and either a chicken or pork souvlaki. All meals comes with a side of rice and potatoe and a garden salad. We even option up for 3 breaded shrimp. Alleqts were grilled to perceptions. The only problem was that we had out meal without our beverages. Eating a grill lamp chop and washing it down with ice water just not a good pairing.

The food were great with generous portions, the patio was great. Just wish our waiter would have been able to keep up. Sure hate to see what happens on a busy summer evening

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Nothing to write home about”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The waiter left us standing for a while before offering a table, on a quiet Saturday lunchtime! Then we were hurried into ordering. Got tough lamb chops and tough lamb souvlaki. Isn't this standard Greek fare? I make a better Greek salad myself!
There are plenty of Greek places on the Danforth. Nothing to single this one out.
Be careful in the gents bathroom. The floor is like a skating rink! Manager take note.

• Visited July 2012
Sarnia, Canada
“Good selection”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Greeks just beat the Russians at the Euro soccer championship and the whole Danforth was a pandemonium. Nevertheless we had a very short wait before being seated. Each of ordered something different. The wait was not long, the food was good the serving staff pleasant. I'd like to go back at a quieter time.

• Visited June 2012