“Unbelievably bad!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Amore Trattoria

Amore Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Amore Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,034 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Yonge & Eglinton
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton stop.
Wien
“Unbelievably bad!”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

By far the worst of the 100s of Italian Restaurants I have been all over the world. Everything extremely oily, bad service, bread several days old, overcooked pasta, fish destruction, overpriced wines. Terribly cold in April when you are sitting close to the windows. The chef: A plumber? His Belluna salad: Take mushrooms, fry them in tons of oil, pour them including all the oil over the mixed greens. Smear two tablespoons of paesto (50% sugar) on two leaves beside the mushroom-oil-sea. Half of the salad then sizzling hot and drowing in oil. A quarter of it unedible as pure sugar. The rest raw. This rest was the only edible part of it. The pasta was reheated in the microwave or heaviliy overcooked (in an "Italian" restaurant!), in an absolutely uninspired tomato sauce. The seafood on it mostly edible. We ate about half of it (my wife and I had to share the few edible parts which came from the kitchen). The baked white bass: total destruction. The "chef" took all old vegetables he could find in the fridge (obviously from different left overs). Under the fish: A mountain of old vegetables re-fried in tons of oil. On top of the fish - a mix of red and green pepper slices as a perfect misfit to an elsewhere delicate white fish, reheated and drowned in way too much lemon sauce. At various places in this mountain of offense to Italy: some probably fresh (but too briefly) steamed asparagus and edible potatos. The fish in between had no texture (which happens when you bake it incorrectly), thanks to the "chef's" creation extremely oily at the bottom, on the top drowning in lemon sauce. I managed to eat some of the fish, the asparagus and the potatos. The waitress unfriendly right from the star, extremely overworked or on medication. After 15 mins in a two thirds empty restaurant, we still hadnt got more than a glas of water (nobody had asked us about drinks). Then she asked: "So you guys want to have the bill, right?". After taking our orders, she brought the wrong salad because she claimed that they have a "Bellana" and a "Belluna" salad. She invited us to eat both, we ate neither. Wine: Nice wine list, but what they bring by the glass is in fact no more than 4 ounces (and not 5 or 6 as they claim), and for this $7 (house wine) and $9 to $13 for the glass is in my view heavily overpriced.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Papa73

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good pizza, ok service”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Average/good italian food, pizza was nice, service was ok. We went for quite an early dinner so restaurant was just 'warming up'. May have been better once more full and atmosphere busier. Fairly expensive for what it was. Would try other places before going back!

• Visited January 2012
San Francisco, California
“good service, average food”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We were here for our friend's birthday this past weekend and thought this was a definite 3*

Ambience is dated (80s cheesy Italian), service was good, location is superb and my carbonara had the most bacon i've ever seen in my Life.
I LOVE bacon, but this may have been a little crazy! there was at least a half pack of bacon in there.
I also thought there would be a raw egg on top of the carbonara which i could have mixed it in myself, but nope. i'd have liked that better

i also had the calamari which was ok, the antipasto platter which was ok.

their desserts are from Dufflet. I recognized the Butterscotch nut pie immediately since i was addicted to it earlier this year.

• Visited December 2011
The Woodlands, Texas
“Poor value”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I went to Amore today for Sunday brunch. I ordered the Amore pizza and it was $12.95. The pizza was half the size of any other pizza at an italian restaurant. I mentioned to the waitress (brunette lady) that I thought it was tiny and was told that it was because it comes with some salad (which I didn't want). She did not really seem to care about my comment.

The waitress did not thank us for coming but the guy who seemed like the owner or manager did on the way out. Overall, I would say that is was a very poor value for the money and also did not really like the pizza.

• Visited October 2011
Toronto, Ontario
“Service very good, food OK”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My wife and I tried Amore for Italian food on Yonge Street. The service was very good. The server was attentive and not just trying to turn tables. We started with bruschetta that was very good. I ordered the red snapper and it was good, however my wife ordered veal Parmesan and it was not. The veal was too tough and the sauce was mediocre. We passed on dessert and will likely go somewhere else next time we want Italian food near Yonge and Eglinton.

• Visited September 2011