“Great food, excellent price and Parkdale ambience”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pizza
Neighborhood: West End
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We've been going to Amico's for several years, and never had a less than wonderful meal. The food has been excellent, the pricing much lower than you would expect to pay for the quality and the sizeable portions that you get. It's one of those Queen Street restaurants that has the open patio feature in the summer that lets the patrons take in the characteristic sights, sounds and smells of Parkdale. It's a combination of well heeled upper middle class and eccentric locals. If you can't appreciate that ambience, then it's not going to be your idea if a good time, but the conversation flows as freely as the drinks and the owner is ever present to ensure that the patrons are well fed and satisfied. We were there just the other night for dinner with some friends, and included with the meal was live entertainment by (Professor) Arthur Renwick. Check him out - he plays a wicked resonator guitar that sounds amazing, as well as a hand made genuine cigar box guitar. http://www.reverbnation.com/arthurrenwick The entertainment value of Arthur alone was worth more than what we paid for dinner! And what a dinner we had - incredible rainbow trout - grilled to perfection, with one filet easily big enough to serve two. Like I said, you have to appreciate the character and independent spirit that goes along with a small unique business like this one that is run by a true restaurateur. We will continue to go there, and recommend it to our friends and relatives.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Did I forget to mention that this is an average restaurant! Staying at hotel in neighborhood and decided to walk over. Was drawn by sign advertising 1/2 price pizzas. This night, location was doing just great with take out business. Glad I didn't pay regular price for this very run-of-the mill fare. Not many other choices in area so I'm sure they might be a good option for locals but I wouldn't drive out of my way to come here.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Ordered take out pasta one night and was extremely impressed! The clam linguine was AWESOME. I will absolutely go back.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I have eaten here numerous times over the last 5 years and the food is always great, I am never disappointed. The prices are average for what you get. I usually order delivery and they are open quite late for that which is getting rare.

The pizza and sauce are really great and if you ask for think slice pizza they will do it. Everyone over the phone is friendly and in person even more so.

The prices in the restaurant seem to be more reasonable than delivery and they have specials regularly.

When something might be missed or forgotten. (maybe a coke is left off the order) they are quick to correct the mistake. The don't make mistakes often.

Reviewed February 28, 2008