“Amazing schnitzel!”

Ranked #1,322 of 10,303 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

Had the sauerkraut/mushroom and bacon pierogies, and the mushroom and onion stuffed schnitzel. Both very tasty! Only downside of my experience at Amber was the pricing... quite expensive for simple European comfort food.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 7, 2019

The Amber Restaurant is somewhat preserved in amber. The first time I visited was thirty years ago and I haven't been back as often as I should. My return visit was very pleasant indeed. I had the baked onion soup and the "Amber Chicken" which comes with a nice tomato-based sauce and with sprinkled on paprika and mashed potatoes on the side. Very tasty. Service was slightly distracted but I think this was on purpose. They were not busy (I was eating before 6:00 P.M.) and didn't want to seem pushy. Which is refreshing.

They did have a television, but it was just showing pictures of their food and advertisements for some sort of special water. They could probably do without it.

Prices have gone up a bunch over the years, but this is probably because they are focused on good quality ingredients. It shows in the food.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2018

This European Restaurant is one of our favourites in the Bloor West Village. We love every thing on the menu. we have been going to the Amber for many years. It is small and homey Good value for your money

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 27, 2018

We had 4 different food items between two people, and we have to say the food was very bland and actually tasteless. The perogies were the most uninteresting I have ever had. Such a shame as I was so looking forward to some delicious comfort food. Sadly, we won’t be back.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank granddamme
Reviewed October 2, 2018

This restaurant has been around for decades. I ordered a caesar salad and perogies. The food was average, but tasty. The service was friendly. Seems a bit overpriced for what you're getting.

Date of visit: September 2018