“Great food & ambiance”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The owner/chef makes the food and it is excellent. The food was tasty and filling. The atmosphere was very cosy and comfortable. George our server was interesting, engaging and had a great sense of humour. All in all, it was a great experience. Will be going back there for sure.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a place that I have passed many times...and finally had the opportunity to eat there the other evening. I should have kept going......In a word it was NOT fine dinning. When a restaurant can't make a decent cold and dry martini I worry about what will come from the kitchen. The meal I had confirmed that. Uninspired...ordinary comes to mind. If you bill yourself as fine dinning...it better be fine. They reach too far and deliver too little. The food was eatible but dull. Service is BRUSK....when a server cannot gage the mood of a table and is continually pushing us along....it doesn't make me feel comfortable. I felt that we were being 'processed' that they needed to turn the table. Funny....because there was no one waiting...the restaurant was mostly empty.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Horrendously prepared food which is made more laughable by arrogant and obnoxious service. How does a place such as this survive?

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The food was good but not at all with the times. The only reason we stayed was because my family was hungry but for the price of the meals we could have had a much better meal with a great atmosphere at any other steak or seafood house in Toronto. The owner kept talking out loud to the patrons about how much everything was costing him and how he had to cut on labour and so on which makes you think he may be also cutting on the quality of food and service…. as evidenced by having only one waiter servicing the whole restaurant on a Friday night. I guess this place used to be "in" 20 years ago but I have to say, it doesn't hold a candle to any of the restaurants we frequently visit in Toronto like Tutti Matti, George, Barberians, Aria, Seven or Jacobs and Company. It would be nice if they renovated the place and attracted other patrons besides the happily retired especially in the neighbourhood that they are in. I need to speak to the reference and give him this feedback. I really did feel trapped!

1  Thank SavvyTraveler738
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Now I know why the restaurant participated in the 30% Off deal on Dealicious.ca. First off, the 30% Off deal stated NO restrictions on the website. When we arrived, the waiter tells us we cannot apply the 30% on the Chef's Menu because it's a promotion. Instead of arguing over the deal, we ordered a la carte.

We ordered all seven appetizers on the menu. The plates tasted like they were cooked on an assembly line. ALL dishes tasted exactly the same - cheese, salad, same seasoning, same garnish. The trout was dry to a crisp. The salmon tasted like it was straight from a pack you can get from Loblaw across the street.

I ordered myself a venison as main course and requested rare. When it came out, all but two slices were well done. The two slices has some pink in it so it was medium rare. Told the waiter about it and he had the nerve to tell me "venison is a dark meat. That is why it's not red in the middle." I went Ape $H*T over these comments. I've had rare venison before and it should still be red in the middle.

All in all, I went with my friends to enjoy my birthday dinner. Would I go back again? NO! Not worth the menu price and the service was certainly not to par. I wouldn't go back even if i had 50% off.