“So authentic”

Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North York
“So authentic”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My gfs and I go there on special occasions!!!!

The staff and family are extremely friendly

Must have mango salad, pad thai an tom yum soup.

The restaurant is always tryig to please their clients. If you want your pad thai dry or saucy just request it... They customize to ur liking

Love the thai shan

Burlington, Canada
“So Sad”
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I've been eating at the former location of the Thai Shan Inn since the 80's
I've always loved their food, and the old location was good for a chuckle
Since they've relocated and gone "upscale", things have gone downhill
My husband and I ate at the new restaurant in November, and again on Sat. Feb. 12th
We ate at 6 pm, so there were only six other people in the restaurant
Our server was a young man who had no serving experience. He gave us our menu's, tea, and then left us until we flagged him down to take our orders
We ordered mango salad as an appetizer (good) and pad thai with garlic eggplant
Our pad thai arrived as soup. There was so much sauce it was a messy experience
Our garlic eggplant arrived long after we ate the noodles, and a more experienced server came to change our plates and offered us rice to mix with the veg.
Yes, the ambience is very nice, but the quality and service has left

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank pisshy
Toronto, Canada
“Don't Go Anywhere Else For Thai Food”
Reviewed December 10, 2010

We've been going to the Thai Shan since the early 1980's and that's a very long time to serve consistantly good food. When they moved to their new location, they didn't skip a beat - the food is still fantastic. I've tried other Pud Thai and been to several other restaurants and now, if I can't get to the Thai Shan - I don't eat Thai food.
Wonderful food and even more wonderful is the friendly dedicated family who own it.
Jo-Ann Armstrong & Jeff Mougenot

innisfil, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic”
Reviewed August 28, 2010

this place is exellent my son introduced this place to us 4 yrs ago and we keep going back , even though we live in barrie it is well worth the drive friendly service ; and lots of food for a very resonable price .try it out yourself.

toronto
“Best Thai food period.”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I love the food at the Thai Shan Inn. Everything is in huge portion and their food is delicious. Expect to take some home. I enjoy their Mee Crob and beef satay!