“My go-to take-out.”

Neighborhood: West End
Toronto, Canada
“My go-to take-out.”
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I've been coming to El Asador for 15 years and I live nowhere near it. My craving for the crispy pork tacos, pupusas, cheese quesadillas and chorizo burritoes just never seems to go away. Love love love this place. I've heard those complain about the prices going up - to the best of my knowledge they've barely gone up since I've been coming here. Homemade El Salvadorian food for less than Swiss Chalet. So worth it. The guac used to be $5 and now it's $7 - it seems to rub a lot of folks the wrong way, but think of it this way - if avocados are almost $3 a piece and you're getting more than one in your dish, how much of a profit are they really making? Avocados are expensive in Canada...especially good ones.
My fondest memory: about 10 years ago, they ran out of avocados and one of the family members went jogging off to the market to make our guac.

• Visited January 2011

Canada
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I used to be a regular at Tacos El Asador and after a three year hiatus I went back a few weeks ago. How much things change and sometimes not for the better! The menu is slightly pricier than it used to be and the quality has really taken a tumble. I think the owners have changed because I didn't recognize any of the guys at the counter. We ordered the avocado and nachos, one hard taco, one soft taco, a pupusa and a drink and the bill came to $23 - which would be fine except for the fact that the food was bland and uninspired. The portions were also pretty puny. It's really too bad because going to this place used to make you feel like you were in Mexico.

• Visited January 2011
1 Thank Infinite_voyage
Vancouver, Canada
“Authentic feeling and tasting, excellent tacos, great value”
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Went here for some cheap ($2) tacos. Decor was simple, nothing fancy, just as it should be. Tacos were excellent, a little less flavor than I would choose, but certainly not bland. Servers were very friendly. Great little tacos joint.

London, United Kingdom
“Amazing atmoshphere - GREAT value”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

This place is amazing, such a great atmosphere, always busy, I felt like I was transported to El Salvador - you must go - very local, cheap, fun place!

Toronto, Canada
“Love the authentic food.”
Reviewed December 29, 2009