“Large Gluten and Dairy free separate menu!”
Review of Riz

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Cross street: Eglington
Reviewed January 31, 2019

This is the third year in a row that we have visited this spot in January to celebrate family birthdays. Huge selection and we always do the all your can eat version. We order from the gluten and dairy free menu and the other regular menu too. Always friendly and quick service and food is delicious. Will be back next year.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 14, 2019

Riz used to be a go to restaurant since we live in the neighbourhood we like to support our local restaurants. With friends in from out of town we decided to pick up some Thai food from Riz on Bayview.

We were so disappointed with everything. Not to mention it was close to closing time and they were cleaning up - the smell was awful from a dirty mop cleaning the floor. I was embarrassed with the food for our guests.

I will not be returning. With so many other choices in the area - there is now excuse for a bad meal. They need to step up to the plate.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed December 7, 2018

I love to eat here, food is amazing all the times I come back. They are welcoming and remember their customers. Lovely place for lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

last night we went to Riz for dinner... It was an amazing experience. Kudos to them for having a gluten free menu which is a rarity. This is the first time I have experienced it and what a treat for me to be able to order dishes that I could enjoy and not feel limited in what I could eat... My husband was happy to order from the gluten free menu and believe me, he enjoyed everything we ordered. The crispy calamari was AMAZING!! If we hadn't ordered as much food as we did, I would have gone for seconds. The shrimp and chicken dumplings, the chicken soup and the main dishes were all absolutely delicious.. I had the crispy halibut in a lemongrass sauce and my husband, a chicken dish with peanuts done in coconut milk.... There was so much food that I asked to take home the rest of my fish... There was no room for dessert ... We were very stuffed and very satisfied. We love Asian cuisine and over the years, we have tried many restaurants in Toronto and the surrounding areas but now that we have eaten at Riz, this is our place to go to from now on... Good service, clean and attractive surroundings and a menu that is enough to make anyone's mouth water in anticipation... We will be going back again and again and the first thing I would order is their crispy calamari.... YUMMY!!

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Zimby509
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Riz a few times and have thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience.

My wife has an allergy to gluten and to be able to have deep fried options among other things is a real treat. The Asian inspired menu has a ton of great options that are gluten free. I can assure you that from someone that still eats gluten, this food is outstanding.

Out of all the gluten free option restaurants we have tried in Toronto we have been back to Riz the most. If you decide to eat the gluten full options I am pretty sure it will be just as good as the gluten free.

Now, there was a delay in service the night we dined at Riz (and we could hear some people whining loudly). We politely asked the staff and weren't surprised when they told us they had another 70 people upstairs...no wonder there was a delay.

And the best part about the delay in service? Making room for more crispy beef!

Date of visit: June 2018