“If an Irainian tells you to go...”

The Pomegranate Persian Cuisine
Ranked #696 of 8,648 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Falkirk, United Kingdom
“If an Irainian tells you to go...”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I went to Pomegranate with an Irainian mate of mine because he kept on going on about it...
It didn't disappoint! My Iranian mate eats here all the time because it reminds him of his mothers cooking and if that isn't an advert for the place I don't know what is!

The decor is shall we say rustic, but the staff know what they are talking about, the main menu items are tasty and the amount of food you get very much fills you up.

The starters are the things to go for, if you don't know what to order bring along an Iranian mate, if you don't have one of them just ask the staff because I'm sure we had everything on the menu and there wasn't one thing I had that didn't blow my socks off.

It's value for money as well, so try it, you won't leave disappointed.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank David E

Toronto, Canada
“Great cuisine and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I was kind of skeptical at first. I hadn't tried Persian cuisine before and didn't know if I would feel comfortable in a conservative restaurant.

My mistake! The waitresses are extremely friendly and happy, the food is delicious and the atmosphere is great.

My favourite dishes: Persian rice and some kind of soup they do with mushrooms, nuts and pomegranate. Mmmmm.. I am salivating just thinking about the soup!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank ExplorerFromToronto
“Warm ambiance”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Intimate dining in a brick-walled restaurant festooned with Persian artifacts - tiles, pitchers, clothes, etc. Even the light fixtures appear to be authentic. The food was delicious - tender fall-off-the-bone lamb shanks, roast chicken, fresh salad and wonderfully light rice flavoured with a wide range of spices. Excellent unobtrusive service. Modest wine list.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank neil155019
“Delicious Persian Food”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Introducing friends to Pomegranate is gratifying experience. They all love it. Good very tasty food, reasonable prices and large portions. Enough for two or plenty to take home for another meal. As an added bonus the service is friendly and helpful. Every visit I try another dish. I have loved all but I think my favourite is Chicken with Plums andI do not usually like chicken!

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank alisaw104
HAMILTON
“The food makes you want to go back!”
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We've now been to Pomegranate twice and I'd go back again. Frequently my 2nd trip to a restaurant is a disappointment, but not this time. I can't speak to the authenticity of the dishes but I can say that what they do is what I enjoy eating.

On my first visit I had aloo gheysi which is a stew of bokhara plums and dried apricots in a saffron sauce with boneless chicken pieces. This was a real winner. On my second visit I had fesenjaan with boneless chicken breast which is a stew of ground walnut and pomegranate syrup served with a plate of saffron basmati rice. This was good but I enjoyed the aloo gheysi more.

Pomegranate has become a very busy restaurant. I'd say that the service was good but not particularly attentive. I'll live with that since the food and value is so good.

• Visited May 2011