“Not the same since the renovations”
Review of Pho 88 Restaurant - CLOSED

Pho 88 Restaurant
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Pho 88 used to be one of my favourite Vietnamese restaurants. Then they renovated and became all upscale, let all the old staff go, and apparently must have also changed their chef.

Reviewed June 27, 2011

Me and my wife were very eager to try some Vietnamese cuisine from the famous Chinatown in Toronto. We choose this place because they offered free 2 hr parking. The place looked very nice and modern. The food looked really good. But that was all. My pad thai was bland and had no flavor at all. My wife's pho was lukewarm, and the broth was terrible. The service was ok at best. We left really disappointed. I would not eat here ever again, I rather pay the extra $4 for parking to eat somewhere else.

1  Thank ExtraSharp
Reviewed August 10, 2009

a few years ago, before their renovation, this place had half decent Vietnamese food, and was open til late hours.
Its absolutely the worse now.
I ordered Pho (Tai Gan), which comes with noodles beef and tendon. I got the wrong order (they gave me noodles and broth), so I asked them to add the missing ingredients. They actually REFUSED...the waitress said "The Chef (sic) says thats how he makes it and he is not changing it, and we aren't giving you a refund". Even if you were to ignore the missing ingredients, the broth looked terrible and watered down, and the noodles were in a big sticky clump in the middle of the bowl. Just gross.
I had also ordered some Pad Thai noodles, and it was just terrible. Looked like Pad Thai, but smelled gross, and tasted like ketchup on spaghetti.
Save your money and go to any of the other Pho places on Spadina. For instance, Pho hung is a bit touristy but at least they are consistent, and you get what you order.

1  Thank K-Dennison
Reviewed August 1, 2009

their pho is inconsistent. overall the broth is excellent, but sometimes their noodles are overdone

1  Thank tashadoll
Reviewed July 1, 2009

There are many more Pho places in town thats both cheaper, better and more sanitary. Enough said.

1  Thank EricL-Toronto