“Standard "chain" pub experience”
Review of Mick e Fynn's

Mick e Fynn's
Ranked #1,616 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Irish, British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stopped in for a late night drink and food, and stayed to watch a boxing match. This is your standard run of the mill "chain" pub experience with booths, tables, pool tables, tvs all with sports on, etc. Mixed crowd of people eating and drinking, and crowds playing pool and just taking in the boxing. Handful of servers keeping up with everyone, which left a bunch of tables not cleared for the entire duration of our stay...understaffed or just not organized?
Neither our food or drinks took long to come out, server was friendly enough and bill was accurate. What more can you ask for at 11pm at night in a bar. Food was fine, but you really have to try hard to screw up nachos and poutine, so no issues there.
Too many other places in Toronto to eat to return, it was convenient and we were thirsty/hungry.

1  Thank Alex D
There are newer reviews for Mick e Fynn's

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Considering we went 6 months ago, I can't remember what everyone had. However, I know my daughter and I had fish and chips. No one hated their meal. However, no one was overly excited about it either. It was fairly empty. They had pool tables and a lot of televisions with sports on. The atmosphere and beer was pretty good.

1  Thank 2TravelLuvers
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I often stay at the Primrose Best Western while visiting Toronto for business and pleasure. Mick e Fynn's is a great spot right around the corner across from the old Maple Leaf Gardens. Great cider choices and the service is always prompt and friendly.

1  Thank Deborah Z
Reviewed December 3, 2013

A nice pub that has a good selection of beers on tap. Staff was friendly and prices were average. Place felt a bit worn down but had an authentic feel.

1  Thank mekkmekk
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Bartender (shoulder length blonde hair, tattoos, works all the time) tried our credit card once. He was told the chip was worn out and that the previous server got it to work after just one try and I had to sign for it. He immediately told my girlfriend it was declined and she walked away saying she would be back with cash or another card. He waited 30 seconds then immediately marched over to us, put two receipts in my hand and said, "just proof that your card was declined multiple times" and walked away. I have NEVER been treated this rude in any establishment whatsoever. I work in the service industry myself and was very annoyed and insulted by his actions. This employee has worked at the location for many years now and, from what my coworkers and friends say, he is bringing the place down. We will pass next time, even though this used to be our go to place. How about a little tact, or maybe just basic respect next time? Thanks for a crappy experience.