“GREAT Food, HORRIBLE Service”
Review of Madras Palace - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Madras Palace
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Neighborhood: Scarborough
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I'm going to start off by saying the food was delicious. It was my first time to order dosas and it at least made me want to have it again.

BUT! I will not visit Madras Palace again.

Was out with a friend of mine for dinner. We ordered a vegetarian samosa, and two dosa plates.

1) They were all out of vegetarian samosas (seriously?) and replaced them with Mutton Rolls. Had to pay .50 more. but it's .50 cents not going to complain.

2) Usually when you go to a restaurant, you and your parties meal (when ordered at the same time) are brought out at the same time. My friend (her) meal was brought out first.

After what seemed like 10-15 minutes, I'm thinking where is my meal? After asking, we find out that

1) They completely forgot that I had ordered a meal.

2) That the order I put in was given to another table.

I wait for my newly made meal to come out (embarrassing as it is).

At bill time, most restaurants know that service is #1 - I'm not expecting to pay for my meal, or at least items would be free. I was charged for everything.

We paid, with no tip.

I WILL NOT BE VISITING again.

2  Thank AndrewT219

Reviewed January 4, 2012

Portions a bit small. Plaza is a dump and the entrance is a little dated. Could use a makeover.

1  Thank Redskin1962
Reviewed January 10, 2008

Food and price is great compared to most other indian restaurants. The Masala Dosa is totally yummy.

Reviewed December 21, 2007

Love their food, but wish the restaurant facade (front) looked a little more modern.
I love the butter chicken and the nan.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Good indian food. i like shrimp buriyani