“Delicious Tex Mex food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This is a great restaurant in the heart of Toronto's tourist district. The food, service and prices are all great. Watch different sporting events in the bar area or grab a table. You'll get a friendly greeting from the staff, met with a basket of fresh made chips and salsa. Delicious! I highly recommend the fajitas and the ribs, great food for a great price. Plus the staff are always friendly and attentive. Giddy up!

1  Thank MisterBrady11
There are newer reviews for Lone Star Texas Grill

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We visited the Lone Star on the first night of our trip. The food was lovely and the service was quick. Excellent cocktails, we just never found the time to return before we had to go home :(

Reviewed August 20, 2014

The staff were dressed cowgirl (Texas) themed, and were prompt to serve. We sat on the patio and enjoyed the fresh air. Fajitas were recommended so that's what we had. Lots of onions on the grill, not many peppers. Tortillas are freshly made, and you can tell. Complimentary taco chips and salsa arrive with your drinks. Very filling meal.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Great location close to sites of Toronto, although when we approached the restaurant from Simcoe Street, it was a bit confusing to find the entrance.
Free fresh chips and delicious salsa to start. Very tasty!
My vegetarian quesadillas were excellent. However, I was given no option to choose a side dish; they came with fries by default.
My dining friends ordered a chimichanga and an enchilada, but a few minutes after ordering the waitress came back and explained something about that part of the kitchen not being "ready", so they had to reorder. One person ordered nachos, which she thought were cold and unappetizing. The other person ordered a Po'Boy, which he enjoyed.
Three young children were with us. The chicken in the kids fajita meals was good, but went cold very quickly. (Kids eat slowly!) The kids chicken fingers were delicious! However, the fingers were served with a spicy chipotle plum sauce that the child spit out on the plate in distress! "Too spicy!" I think the waitress should ask if the child would enjoy chipotle sauce or regular plum sauce. They were unable to provide regular plum sauce when we asked for it because their "shipment hadn't come in".
One child dumped a glass of pop on the floor and the waitress very kindly and quickly cleaned it up with no complaints. Very nice!
Prices were a bit steep for my tastes. The menu was varied, but I was surprised there was no special lunch options, like half sized orders or something.
Restaurant was a bit crowded. Had to squeeze between the tables and booths. It was awkward for both me and the other people dining.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

The location was great as we were staying downtown an could walk there. we have lone stars in our home city, so we knew the food, but this was not what we have back home. First, seating was cramped and the tables too close together, not good when you have 2 kids, one being a toddler.

The waitress took our orders rather quickly, we knew what we wanted as we have been there before. She forgot our waters, took forever to get our drinks, then again took a long time to get our chips and salsa, didn't offer a refill on the salsa, or our kids drinks. When she brought our food, my steak for my fajitas was raw, and basically she said the skillet will cook it (usually the skillet is steaming when it is served, it wasn't even hot), only got 3 shells and one was falling apart. My husband's burger was supposed to have an onion ring, lettuce, tomato, and other stuff, she said they ran out and asked if he wanted something else, he asked how long would it take and she told him 30mins, (when you have kids who have their food 30 mins doesn't work) so he kept it, my son asked for ketchup and my husband mustard, she never brought it. She never asked my husband who was sitting with an empty beer for most of his meal if he wanted another one. The kids meals come with a dessert, she didn't even offer it. The best part was getting the bill, paying really quickly, and leaving. I am not sure if it was just her or the whole restaurant, but it was not worth the money. The only thing was my son enjoyed his kids ribs.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Hi Potatoe_6, we're sorry to hear your experience did not live up to our high Lone Star standards. Please email me at scout@lstg.ca