“Tasty Italian - close by the opera house”
Review of Little Anthony's

Little Anthony's
Reserve with OpenTable
Little Anthony's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #143 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Richmond St. & York St.
Transit: Subway: Take University line to Osgoode Station. Walk 1 block south and 1 block east. This route takes about 3 minutes. Alternatively, take the Yonge line to Queen Station. Walk 1 block south and 2 blocks west. This route takes about 8 minutes. Streetcar: Take the Queen Streetcar to York Street and walk 1 block south to Richmond.
Description: Little Anthony's is a casual, energetic and affordable downtown osteria serving soul-satisfying Italian cooking.Claim a sunny table next to the restaurant’s grand windows and enjoy a quick lunch; meet friends for a specialty cocktail or Italian beer and a snack or two at the comfortable, convivial bar; host clients in the twelve-seat boardroom or an event in the spacious private dining room; or settle into the banquets and enjoy a leisurely dinner with a bottle of wine from the reasonably priced, wide-ranging list. LA's attentive staff and Italian cuisine are ready for you.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Our group of 11 had a tasty, well served meal before the Nutcracker. They cater to an early pre-ballet/theatre clientele - excellent option.

There are newer reviews for Little Anthony's

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Went in before the theatre and had a great meal. Our waitress, Rachel, was excellent, striking just the right balance between efficiency and friendliness.
We ate from the $35 pre theatre menu (which is different from the one on their website!!) My wife had the Minestrone Soup, salmon and tiramisu , I had the crostini with truffles and honey, the chicken and the tiramisu. They were excellent as was a reasonably priced bottle of Pinot Grigio.

Just one issue, on a very cold night the tables by the window were very cold, but we were moved with no issue whatsoever.

Overall much better than the majority of the "theatre district" restaurants.

1  Thank DaveE45
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We walked in without reservations & were immediately seated. Our waiter was great & helped us choose the perfect wine. Every dish we had was amazing - highly recommend the dates!!
Absolutely no complaints. Every part of our meal was perfect.
The restaurant & amenities are beautifully decorated.
We will definitely return next time we're in Toronto!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

As a Torontonian, you constantly hear about the new restaurants opening, and then subsequently closing a few months later (unfortunately). Little Anthony's excellent atmosphere, impeccable service and delicious menu is what keeps it alive (for over 20 years!).

My friends and I walked in and were greeted with a big smile from the hostess - who sat us down immediately. No waiting - which is a rarity in Toronto. It was really busy, and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. We sat down at a table by the bar, ordered some drinks, and then devoured the bacon wrapped dates, rigatoni arrabiata, salmon and then topped it off with the dark chocolate bodino. Every dish we had was topnotch, perfectly cooked with an amazing presentation.

Little Anthony's is, hands down, one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever visited - which means a lot because I spent a couple of months in Italy last year (mainly eating :)). If you're in Toronto, you HAVE to visit Little Anthony's... you won't regret it. Oh, and don't forget to order the bodino - I'm still thinking about its chocolatey goodness!

1  Thank Linda C
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went to this restaurant around 8:00 pm as "walk-in" customers without a reservation. Place was maybe half full. Although the meal was fine, the service could have been much more attentive. I could see if they were very busy service maybe being spotty. But it was after the dinner rush, place wasn't full. We were seated on the upper platform, down at the very end -- maybe that's why -- but still no excuse.

Anyway, my business companion and I each ordered a glass of wine and placed our dinner orders. The waiter did bring bread and olive/oil vinegar dip when he returned, but no wine :(. We thought he would be back in a moment with the wine, but alas he did not. Since we weren't seated in an area where we could flag anyone down, we waited. A few minutes later our meals showed up from a runner from the kitchen. He placed them in front of us and was about to walk away when I asked him if he could get our waiter to bring our glasses of wine that we had ordered some time ago. My companion had the Bolognese Parpadelle which he enjoyed. I had Halibut with white beans and bacon. The fish was lovely but the white bean bacon mixture has not cooked enough. Beans still had too much of a bite to them and the bacon was not crisp enough -- fat was still chewy.

In short, if you get a good waiter, this place would right rate better, but I can't go there with the waiter we had that night and my part my main dish being underdone. Atmosphere is fine. I would be willing to give this place another try.