“So Good”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: West End
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I went to Lalibela a few nights ago and it was so good. The fish in tomato sauce was unbelievable -- you wanted to lick the inside of the dish it was served in. The vegetarian plate was also good. We had the coffee service which was interesting -- the roast the coffee and bring it to the table, bring you popcorn and the coffee with a burning piece of frankincense.
YUM!! I'd definitely go back.

There are newer reviews for Lalibela Restaurant

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My friend's mechanic (from Ethiopia) recommended Lalibela, so we waited until the Groupon offer came up. Although the menu isn't extraordinary, the food is quite good. If you're unfamiliar with this cuisine, then take your time to read the options and ask the servers.

If you're worried about chillies, then ask for mildly-hot. Dinner for four: we ordered two vegetarian platters, and added one serving of meat.

Our only complaint: we were here on a Saturday evening, and were disappointed with the drinks (juices) on-offer. (only Mango drink) We also had honey wine, which was nice)

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had never experienced true Ethiopian cuisine. This very small restaurant is located on Bloor Street West. The atmosphere is nothing elegant. It was very busy requiring a small wait. I did notice many local Ethiopian people dining there. To me this is a good sign that the food must be very good. As I knew nothing about this cuisine, I depended on my friend to select an entree. The food was served on a large sided platter with fresh moist flat bread. There are no eating utensils provided so we ate with our fingers. The food was very good, however I probably would not eat it again. I am one who will literally try anything once and if I do not find it to my tastes, I will finish it but not try it again. I would recommend this to anyone willing to try a new food experience.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have been in this restaurant more than ten times. Great authentic food. Usually I tried to order several dishes and shared among my family members. I tried to order with different sauces so the dishes would be sufficiently different. I tried many other Ethiopian restaurants but this one is the best.

1  Thank raf c
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I'm new to Ethiopian cuisine, so I can't comment on authenticity. I had the Lalibela Platter, which I enjoyed, however I'm not sure I would have it again (personal preference). Service was OK; my waitress was helpful in choosing a dish I would like, and was informative when I asked for an Ethiopian Coffee. Unfortunately she kept forgetting to actually give me the coffee. As far as I can tell, this would be a good place to return for Ethiopian food.