“Good, but not GREAT”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Used a groupon here before a show at the Lower Ossington Theatre with my sister. Buffet was a decent size with lots of vegetarian options. Tried the rice with butter chicken, a few cold chickpea salads, some tandoori chicken, lamb, some bean curries too. It was good. Nothing spectacular. We were very surprised there were no samosas!!?? The groupon also included an alcoholic beverage. We each had a glass of red wine. I don't think I would pay full price for this.
And I don't think I will rush back to buy another groupon for this place either. It did its job, as we left with full bellies. Be aware they include the tax and tip for the full value. which was another 13 bucks.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I don't visit Toronto enough, but when I do I crave great Indian food cooked right with a variety! Which is why I always end up at KAMA, It's been a few weeks since I've been and I LOVE the changes they are making, both culinary and decor!! I can't wait for summer to sit on the patio and taste all the new dishes they seem to keep adding, both to the buffet and a la carte! Try the Tandoori Fish - absolutely amazing!!
Jazz night Thursdays is one of my favorite relax escapes! Great music, food and people!
Awesome Job Kama! Its great to see a restaurant always improving for us their customers.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I got a groupon for lunch buffet for 2 people for $17.00, and the groupon mentioned that there will be HST and 15% tip will be added to the bill. The food wasn't that bad, but we were charged $5.40 for tip which is almost 33%, not 15%.

6  Thank Giri G G
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Recently tried their buffet a couple weeks ago. Found the decor in dire need of paint and a cleaning. Moving on to buffet selections, they were also very disappointing, asked manager to bring out fresh tandoori chicken (it never arrived). Other dishes were short out meat portions, however lots of bones. Yes the buffet was a total disappointment. We will never be back, too many other like restaurants offering better quality!
Bo

1  Thank Boflann
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Easily accessible restaurant. Nicely decorated , you gat a choice of buffet or a waiter service. I chose waiter, my better half ordered "lamb Roganjosh" it is cooked in a rich almond sauce very creamy. I ordered "sali Boti" it was ok, I would have liked more apricots in the dish. We both had the same rice dish "Kashmiri Pulao" very very good it is cooked with dry fruit. Also one order of naan for us it was "keema" the best I think. If you like indian go to Kama.

1  Thank Rosegomez07