“Mother's Day in November”

The Badali Bar and Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
The Badali Bar and Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: University
Transit: We"re located "kitty corner" to Toronto's Union Station on the north west corner of University and Front Street We are very close to both Union and St Andrews subway stations.
Description: The Badali Bar and Cucina brings the taste of Italy to the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District. We invite you to join us for fine Italian fare, sustainable seafood, in house made desserts and true Italian hospitality. Whether you join us for a hand crafted cocktail and a sample of our cicchetti menu at our 40 foot bar or for a sit down meal in our piazza grande with colleagues, friends or family, we will welcome you with open arms into our home. Situated just steps from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, some outstanding downtown hotels and local sports arenas, we strive to exceed your every expectation form your first minute with us to your last. Located in a heritage building we would love nothing more than to host you in the splendour of our surroundings and show off our good fortune. From the exposed brick walls, original hardwood floors and 16' ceilings, to our outstanding wine list, craft beer selection, and hand stretched pizzas, there is much to enjoy in our home. Come spend some time with us in our family owned and operated restaurant and see for yourself the difference a little love can make.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Took my Wife and 2 daughters (Mothers) out for a weekend in Toronto. I purchased tickets prior to Mother's Day to see Les Mis on November 23rd and booked a hotel for the evening. Really didn't want to eat at the Hotel so we took a short walk to Front Street and I recognized Joe Badali's from a trip a couple of years ago. Remembered it was pretty good. So we decided to give it a shot. Place was busy (Leafs game on that night), but we only waited 2 minutes to be seated. We were seated at a comfortable, roomy table for 4. Miranda, our waitress came by quickly, took our drink orders and before we knew it we were toasting Mother's Day. I would recommend the bruschetta for an appetizer. All 4 of us ordered something different, we all sampled each others, they were all amazing. Portions were good, I finished all mine! Followed it up with coffee and we shared a great desert. Highly recommend.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is the second year we have held our staff social holiday party at Joe Badali's and what a wonderful experience. We had a group of approx. 50 and once again everyone raved at how tasty the food was and yet again how friendly the staff was. Gord, Stefanie and Wube were a delight to work with. You have the slightest concern; they are so quick to address it! I definitely recommend Joe Badali's for any engagement, be it a dinner for 2, a group for cocktails or a holiday party... From the staff, to the atmosphere and the exceptional food, you will not be disappointed. Thank you again to the team for a job well done!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I recently held our corporate holiday event on a Saturday night for 125 people. The function was held on the same night at a leafs home game and with a national conference going on across the street and the staff made us feel that we were the only ones in the restaurant. Wube the General Manager along with his entire staff were fantastic. Everything item they promised they delivered on. We had both a cocktail reception followed by a sit down dinner (choice of 4 items for dinner-all fabulous). Food was served quickly, altogether and hot. The location is fantastic for out of town guests as well as locals. There were no surprises and everyone was treated great.

I had the pleasure attending another function two days later at the same location and I was instantly recognized and greeted as if I was family by the staff at Joe Badali's. I wish I could remember each person's name that I had met so I could mention their names in this review.

Gerald

1  Thank Gerald K
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Visited in October and had a more than great time. Matt was our waiter and Tamara the manager on duty. Great service and we really enjoyed the evening and the food. Going again this Thursday evening with a group of colleagues and really looking forward to it.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Family of 10 plus a toddler. great atmosphere, great service and great food. some of us had the buffet and said it was excellent and others of us ordered off the menu...excellent, great portions and not overpriced. they do not normally take reservations but because we said we would be there before the rush, they gave us one. Sat night, downtown Toronto, we met around 6