“Nice place, good food, great service”

The Badali Bar and Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
The Badali Bar and Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 9,134 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: University
Transit: We"re located "kitty corner" to Toronto's Union Station on the north west corner of University and Front Street We are very close to both Union and St Andrews subway stations.
Description: The Badali Bar and Cucina brings the taste of Italy to the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District. We invite you to join us for fine Italian fare, sustainable seafood, in house made desserts and true Italian hospitality. Whether you join us for a hand crafted cocktail and a sample of our cicchetti menu at our 40 foot bar or for a sit down meal in our piazza grande with colleagues, friends or family, we will welcome you with open arms into our home. Situated just steps from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, some outstanding downtown hotels and local sports arenas, we strive to exceed your every expectation form your first minute with us to your last. Located in a heritage building we would love nothing more than to host you in the splendour of our surroundings and show off our good fortune. From the exposed brick walls, original hardwood floors and 16' ceilings, to our outstanding wine list, craft beer selection, and hand stretched pizzas, there is much to enjoy in our home. Come spend some time with us in our family owned and operated restaurant and see for yourself the difference a little love can make.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Every year I attend a convention at the Conference Center on the other side of the street and every year I go for dinner at Joe Badali's Restaurant. It has become a tradition and Joe B has done its share to help me keep this tradition. Food is always good, service is always excellent and the ambiance always pleasant.
You can't go wrong there. Go with confidence !

Write a ReviewReviews (1,032)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Booked a retirement lunch here for 30 people. Arrived at the restaurant to be told that they don't have a record of the reservation. The service was slow some people had to leave before their lunch made an appearance because of how slow the service was. I ordered the lobster bisque as a starter.

What a disappointment. For the love of food....who ever is preparing the lobster bisque please please research how to make a bisque because what I was served was at best water flavoured lobster soup not bisque.

My entree was not any better.

1  Thank ambiinthe6
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I ate here as part of a tour group so admittedly I did not have the full dining experience. However, when I ordered a pasta primavera I DID expect to see a bunch of veggies on the plate - not so. Mostly I found pasta covered in marinara and I had to dig deep to find anything else. Also, the wait staff was surly - you'd think they'd be used to groups since the tables were clearly set up for large groups - but it seemed like every request was a huge effort. My advice is to skip this place; there are loads of great restaurants in this city.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Six of us went there for dinner tonight. Nothing special really sums it up - the pizzas looked like they were on parbake crusts, the caesar salads were small and bitter, and the vegetables were unapetizing. The cheesy garlic bread was the only good part.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went to Joe Badali's last night before going to The Second City show and my husband and I had a really great experience! From the moment we walled in until the very end we received the best service! Our meal was recommended by our server and was very good. We were out in plenty of time to get to the show which was hilarious!

Thank you for helping us enjoy a great night!