“The food left me wishing I never walked through the doors”

The Badali Bar and Cucina
Reserve with OpenTable
The Badali Bar and Cucina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown West
Cross street: University
Transit: We"re located "kitty corner" to Toronto's Union Station on the north west corner of University and Front Street We are very close to both Union and St Andrews subway stations.
Description: The Badali Bar and Cucina brings the taste of Italy to the heart of Toronto's Entertainment District. We invite you to join us for fine Italian fare, sustainable seafood, in house made desserts and true Italian hospitality. Whether you join us for a hand crafted cocktail and a sample of our cicchetti menu at our 40 foot bar or for a sit down meal in our piazza grande with colleagues, friends or family, we will welcome you with open arms into our home. Situated just steps from the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, some outstanding downtown hotels and local sports arenas, we strive to exceed your every expectation form your first minute with us to your last. Located in a heritage building we would love nothing more than to host you in the splendour of our surroundings and show off our good fortune. From the exposed brick walls, original hardwood floors and 16' ceilings, to our outstanding wine list, craft beer selection, and hand stretched pizzas, there is much to enjoy in our home. Come spend some time with us in our family owned and operated restaurant and see for yourself the difference a little love can make.
Toronto, Canada
“The food left me wishing I never walked through the doors”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

A group of friends selected this place for a pre-summer dinner. They are still friends, but I regret their decision. Ok the place is not bad for a bar or perhap pre/post game meeting spot. It is a large restaurant / bar for downtown Toronto. But don't order the food.

My wife and I both had pasta dishes that were simply lacking taste. Blah. Other friends had cold pasta. The pizzas lacked any desire to eat them. But worst of all. This place isn't cheap. That's the biggest insult. ~ $20 for the pasta entree. Small servings of poor food. At $5 my review would have been more in line. That would have been in line with the value.

I will say that the wait staff were friendly and attentive so I'll give them props.

Maybe it was an off night as other people seem to like this place. Either their standards are low, or the cleaning staff was left in charge of the kitchen that night.

Never going back!

• Visited June 2012
Kate_416TO, Manager at The Badali Bar and Cucina, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Steven, it pains us as a restaurant to hear you did not enjoy your dinner with us in June of this year. As a management team and a team of service dedicated staff, we do our outmost to ensure that all our guests enjoy their time with us.
We have retained the services of a world travelled Executive Chef with impeccable credentials who is helping us offer authentic Italian food at delicious prices, and we appreciate your feedback. Comments such as yours can only help us grow as a staff and restaurant, and for that, we truly thank you.
Should you wish to further discuss your experience, we would be only to happy to review it in more detail.
I can be reached at Kate@JoeBadalis.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Toronto
“Joe Badali's”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our office hosted our Christmas party at Joe Badali's a few years ago. The atmosphere was ok for a work function, and there was nothing wrong with the food, but it was pretty mediocre. I have not been back since and wouldn't plan to in the future.

, Manager at The Badali Bar and Cucina, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Did you know we have a new Chef and a new menu Al? Please come and try us again..I would love to hear what you think. Email me at Kate@JoeBadalis.com and let me know when you would like to join us!
Toronto, Canada
“Eaten here Many times & Love it.”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Food is great and the menu has lots of choices. Only reason I didn't give it a 5* was because I often find it too noisy. Don't like having to yell at my friends / colleagues when I'm eating dinner.

Visited July 2012
, Manager at The Badali Bar and Cucina, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We are so glad you keep coming back, and love taking care of you! See you soon!
London, Canada
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We have been here a couple years ago and it's still as good now as it was then. For drinks my wife had the Argentina Malbec and I had the Pomegranate Martinis - great choices, both of them.

For an appetizer we had the calamari - nice and tastes very fresh. Different than your typical calamari.... comes with tazaki type dip and then we also requested the marinara sauce. Almost wanted to get another order but thought we better save room for the main dish.

We decided to share the Diavalo Pizza - comes with hot banana peppers, mushrooms, spicy sausage and sauteed sweet onions. Nice combo of toppings - hit the spot just right!

Samantha was our waitress and she did a bang up job - thanks again!

• Visited July 2012
, Manager at The Badali Bar and Cucina, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you so much. We hope to see you again soon!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good value Italian”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Lunch buffet is a good deal. One of the more reasonably priced restaurants near Rogers centre and Union Station.

Visited June 2012
, Manager at The Badali Bar and Cucina, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post about our lunch buffet! We appreciate it, and look forward to seeing you again soon!