“Good food, service, & excellent pizza!”
Review of Hey Lucy Cafe

Hey Lucy Cafe
Ranked #186 of 10,247 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Old Toronto
Description: Welcome to Hey Lucy’s, with our authentic, imported from Italy, wood-burning oven we serve up delicious hand stretched pizza, fresh pasta & amazing martinis. Located right in the heart of the entertainment district in downtown Toronto, close to all the amenities like theaters, the Scotiabank Arena, ( Formerly the ACC.) the Roger’s Centre, and hotels. We have a beautiful rooftop patio open during the summer. Our concept is built around how we look after you as a guest, we are a casual pizzeria and bar, with great Italian food, a full bar, and an extensive cocktail list. We’re known of four our popular weekend brunch and our famous Wednesday Night Martini feature, where we have a huge selection of featured martinis for only $4.99! We also have Wine Thursdays where our house wine is only $4.99! Finally, there is our “2 for 1 Tuesday” where you can get 2 of our famous wood-fired pizzas for the price of one with the purchase of a beverage. ( Every Tuesday 8 pm-close. )
Reviewed April 18, 2017

We stopped in and were pleasantly surprised. One of few places we passed that was open on Easter Monday, which is apparently a holiday in Canada. There was a 30 min wait, so we went to the CN Tower and came back. We were not disappointed. The pizza is amazing - which is saying a lot. My husband and I disagree on pizza but we both loved this. We got a bacon, goat cheese, & broccoli w tomato pesto sauce for an appetizer and our son had a kids pizza (cheese) as his meal. One of us had a pepperoni calzone that was amazing -with sauce on the side for dipping - and the other a chicken panini, which was also good. If you get the panini, know that the chicken is cold and thinly sliced (not a solid chicken breast). Still good, but not clear from the menu; had I known that, I might have ordered differently as I was in the mood for hot food. Pesto was great, as were the balsamic onions. The table next to us had mac & cheese balls and ravioli, which looked equally amazing. Service was excellent (don't let the sports bar look fool you) and attentive. Overall, a good spot for reasonable priced meal and excellent pizza!

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Went for lunch at Hey Lucy on the 2nd day of an investment course I took, with a friend of mine. Decided to go with a pizza hoping for something better than typical franchise pizza. The restaurant delivered ! What I got was a filling tasty well topped pie fresh from the wood oven. I also liked the decor in the establishment, exposed brick, very hip. Only downside is that the restaurant is quite narrow so the seating area is somewhat cramped.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

We went here before second city. My pasta lover had the macaroni and cheese entree. He loved it but it was a smaller portion size than expected. My meat lover got the calzone with pepperoni and it was excellent. My husband got the chicken and avocado pizza. I think he was expecting to see the avocado. He is the spicy food lover and he thought it was bland. I got the goat cheese and pear salad with spicy peacans. And chicken. The salad was excellent and filling. I didn't finish it.
Overall, the fast and friendly service really made it a fun place. Very energetic feel to it. We were in and out very quickly.

Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I always look forward to an outing downtown so we can eat here. Great service and amazing food. The macaroni and cheese balls are delicious and every thing we try we love! Super fresh and yummy.

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

This was a grey surprise, I was just looking for a place to have late lunch with the kids, and found this one on trip advisor... Many options and all of them were good!